Toby Keith

Started by FlatsNBay, February 07, 2024, 06:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

As many of you know, Toby Keith passed away after a long fight with stomach cancer. Toby recently bought Luck E Strike lures and was working hard at growing the company. I bumped in to Toby a few times last year at ICAST and it was a pleasure getting to meet him, although you could tell the cancer was taking its' toll. He was a bass fishing nut just like all of us. Let's all raise our solo cup for Toby, RIP.

Princeton_Man

That was a shocker, I hadn't heard anything about the cancer. Prayers for all his family and friends.  RIP Toby.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

J.W.

I had no idea he had bought Luck E Strike lures. I was never a big fan of that style of country music (I like the old stuff better), but I always liked that he said what he thought and seemed pretty genuine in an entertainment industry full of fakes.

caddyjoe77

I had not heard about the cancer until recently.  I saw him once when I was deployed, and Lee Greenwood too.  That was pretty rad.  Also saw him before I went to Korea in 2003.  Almost got to get up on stage in KC at his concert

seemed like a true to the core kind of guy and you never realize how many great songs the man had from his early days.  Sure the famous ones we all know but man there are some real dandies early on too. 

RIP TK
BeerMe

Donald Garner

Prayers for the family and friends.  I liked some of his music and I thought it was great when he stepped up and purchased Lucky E Strike Bait company.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

RIP Toby.

I wasn't aware he was sick or that he bought Lucky E Strike. I like some of his music and had read some interviews with him about his music about 10 years ago. Seemed like a pretty down to earth guy with no big ego like some in the music industry develop.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire