Headed South?

Started by D.W. Verts, April 28, 2024, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

We've had to close our business due to the current state of affairs with the STATE of the world, and our lack of help. So besides a million chores to catch up on here, we may take another trip to Cajun country, both to relax and see the sights, but also to research some on where we want to live eventually. Louisiana and East Texas, here we come. Maybe.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Capt. BassinLou

If you could go a few more hours South, there was a back seat waiting for you. Then you would get to experience fishing for these. ;)

Donald Garner

Dale,  sorry to hear about the restaurant closing.  Y'all be safe in your travels down to this part of God's Country > TEXAS <  ;)   We got lots of great communities to check out for a possible future home > East Texas / Central Texas.  Needless to say there are millions of acres of water to fish and places to hunt also.   Check out the link below ~read

Texas Parks & Wildlife Information

:-*  I really like the weather we have here in Central Texas especial the Winters.  It can be hot down here in the Summer ~sweat  but hey everyplace has weather.  Just wait a day or so and it will change lo

:toot: Louisiana is a great place to live also.  My wife and I have talked about moving back to Louisiana a few times.  One of the prettiest places we traveled through and visited numerous times while we lived in West Central Louisiana (5yrs) was Natchitoches.  If we were to move back there this would be my # 1 Place to look first.  I really like West Central part of the state.  You're not that far from Shreveport / Lake Charles.  The Gulf Coast in just a few hours drive and of course you can be in East Texas in no time  ;)

Best wishes on yawls decision on the future move.  Enjoy the drive down take the time to relax and check out our Southern Hospitality.  I think yawl would really enjoy living down here in Texas or Louisiana.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

D.W. Verts

As always, thanks Donald. And Lou, quit teasin'... Not this time, no tackle. This is chill time for me and the boss, plus trying to get a feel for the what's and where's. Maybe pet (or rassle) a gator. You know, normal stuff. We're even gonna pack the kayaks, 'cuz my wife fell in love with the swamp last time we came down.

Dale

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on April 28, 2024, 02:03:06 PMAs always, thanks Donald. And Lou, quit teasin'... Not this time, no tackle. This is chill time for me and the boss, plus trying to get a feel for the what's and where's. Maybe pet (or rassle) a gator. You know, normal stuff. We're even gonna pack the kayaks, 'cuz my wife fell in love with the swamp last time we came down.

Dale
Just in case you change your mind. I have all the tackle and rods you will need. ;) Safe travels!

D.W. Verts

Someday Lou. It's gonna happen!

And, we will be re-opening the restaurant in a few weeks. My daughter gradiates college next week, then she'll be in a position to work the summer for us, plus she'll be able to train new help. I have a few folks interested, fingers crossed.

It is a very sad, and very strange world out there what with nobody wanting to work.

Dale

J.W.

Dale, I hate to hear about the business troubles, but you are right. It is a different world we're living in these days. Hopefully everything sorts itself out just fine. Plenty to do and see (and eat) around here, and even more if you cruise further south.

Nutt

Come on down to Shreveport / Bossier City.  You dont have to all the way down South to see gators, we have gators all around us here too.  In fact, there was one that got hit this weekend crossing the road in a busy part of Bossier by Home Depot.  Ive always got a back seat for you, and I live really close to two lakes and Mike Cork.  If you dont want to go fishin, I could just take you for a ride around and show you the area.

Bobby
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Mike Cork

Get near any of us and a back seat and all the equipment you'll need is ready and willing...

I do agree with Donald on the middle of the state. Puts you pretty close to the red fishing and with your character and tallent you'd make a great guide for the inshore fishing  ~c~  ~c~  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

caddyjoe77

Dale, its tough I know.  However, remember there is always a plan.  Plus you will be around some more folks from UB.  Just dont let cork trick you on the one shortcut run through caddo. 

BeerMe

D.W. Verts

Headed out in the morning. Watch out ya'll...

Dale

caddyjoe77

enjoy Dale! Sometimes a change of scenery can be the best medicine!!
BeerMe

Donald Garner

You and the wife enjoy the time together.  Safe travels buddy.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

D.W. Verts

We've had a nice trip so far, dodging tornados... In Mena AR tonight, will hit the LA boarder in the AM. Then we'll decide which way to go. I'm not much on makin' plans..

Dale

Mike Cork

Where have you landed?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

Well sir, I'm back home. Too poor for a long vacation...

We spent three full days in LA. First one around Caddo and Hosston. Great stuff. Spent the next morning near Bistineau and some bayous near Natchitoches. Then we went south, where we spent the afternoon in our kayaks, with me trying to get ate by a gator. I did make her (him?) pretty mad. The last day we spent in the Basin near Henderson. Lots of boat traffic (Saturday) but we had us a time trying to get lost in the swamp. Too many fishermen around for that to happen, and everybody was bream fishin'.

We had to get home. Work awaits (I've been here at the restaurant most all day, yesterday too), and we're trying to re-open tomorrow. Fingers crossed?

Anyway, we love our Louisiana. We dig the folks and the food and the swamps and maybe the people most of all. We'll be back someday. And maybe someday we'll stick around.

Dale

Donald Garner

Glad y'all had a good trip.  Good luck with the Re-Opening of your restaurant.

D.W. Verts

Thanks Donald.

Dale