PowerPro Original vs Super8Slick V2

Started by J.W., February 20, 2023, 09:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

Been using PowerPro braid for the last three years or so. Moss Green, 15 lb test, for general use, 50 lb test for punching. Last time I bought line I saw PowerPro Super8Slick V2 on the shelf. I was tempted to try it, but went with my usual instead.

Have any of y'all tried it? I was wondering how it might compare to the plain/original PowerPro. 

Princeton_Man

Quote from: J.W. on February 20, 2023, 09:30:49 PM
Been using PowerPro braid for the last three years or so. Moss Green, 15 lb test, for general use, 50 lb test for punching. Last time I bought line I saw PowerPro Super8Slick V2 on the shelf. I was tempted to try it, but went with my usual instead.

Have any of y'all tried it? I was wondering how it might compare to the plain/original PowerPro.
I've been a pretty loyal PowerPro user for a number of years and I have tried the SuperSlick. SuperSlick has some kind of coating or wax impregnation that makes it more like Suffix 832. SuperSlick retains it's color better and might be slightly more abrasion resistant, but it casts more like Suffix 832. It's stiffer and kind of heavier feeling. Personally, I prefer the regular PowerPro. I think it casts better and farther.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

J.W.

Thanks. Sounds like I'll be sticking with the original, too.

Dark3

Ive used both and like mentioned its kind of waxy vs the regular but also a bit quieter. I read some where that this is some good stuff but who knows. Trying something different..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J.W.

I've never tried SpiderWire at all. Back when it came on the scene I was still in my love/hate relationship with Berkley Fireline  lo

Princeton_Man

Spiderwire was my first braid and I liked it a lot. I'm not sure if something was changed in it's manufacture or if it was just me, but it seemed to abrade more quickly and wind knots became more frequent. That was around 2014. I switched while down in Guntersville and never looked back.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Eric-Maine

Quote from: J.W. on February 20, 2023, 09:30:49 PM

I use Super Slick in 10lb on all of my spinning setups with varying floro leaders. Comes off the spot smoother with fewer birds nests.

65 lb original Power Pro for Florisa bait casters. Not sure there would be much in the way of benefit with slick V2

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Power pro original for me, although I have had a real positive experience fishing with 9 strand braid.  :-*