Who here uses Quantum reels?

Started by CJ Basser8, March 01, 2006, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ Basser8

After picking up the new Quantum promotional DVD at the classic, and watching it, I think I may want to try Quantum reels.

They seem incredibly smooth, ecspecially the new Tour Edition.  And from what it looks like int he DVD, they have great internal, and external parts.  Both the Spinning PT and baitcaster PT look like a solid reel.

Is anyone a diehard Quantum user that can assure me that Quantum makes a good reel?

weirdlittleman

i use quantum baitcaster and love them

ed
"The past cannot be changed, but the future is still in your power!"
"Don't let today's disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow's dreams!"

cmegee

I use the heck out of the quantum products, I try to only use quantum reels and have had very few problems ever.

CJ Basser8

Good to hear....

Has anyone used the new Quantum Tour Edition PT, or the new Energy PT?

If I were to get a reel, thoses would probably be the ones, unless the new Acurrist PT is any good.

bass1cpr

IF I were to get one I'd make it at least an Energy PT. IF you have the budget then I'd suggest one of the Tour editions.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

CJ Basser8

I would definantly not go any less than the Energy PT.  The touredition was sooooo smooth, but I am not sure the smoothness would be worth the extra 60-70 bucks.

Anyone used the PT spinning reel?

I don't want to start a new thread, so what is a good braided line to use?  I really don't like the Stealth.

Thanks,

CJ

cgs2004

I'm waiting on 2 of the Energy PT spinning reels as we speak, I messed with them a bunch at Cabelas before buying them and really like them.  I have 3 of the PT baitcasters (2005 model) that I've been using for the last few months.  I was hopping to sell them and upgrade to the '06 model but that didn't work out.  The main upgrade I like on the '06 model is the infinate breaking system rather then the '05 model that just has 4 preset choices to set the breakes on.  I'm becoming a huge fan of Quantum though, I've heard only great things about their '06 stuff.
systemsresearchinc.com                                    Kansas St. Univ. Fishing Team

Pferox

Good braids
Cabella's Ripchord Si plus.
Tuff Line
Fireline
Power pro
"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

CJ Basser8

Thanks guys.

I would highly recomend contacting Quantum and seeing if they might be able to ship you one of thier Promotional DVD's.  It was the one from the '06 classic.  It not only goes into in depth detail on thier new PT reels, but has these great clips, too

KVD on Power fishing
Shaw Grigsby on Finesse fishing
Gary Klien on superlines
A bunch of SW fishing info

And a great 20 minute or so clip on how to properly clean thier spinning and baitcast reels.

Thanks again guys...I might have to try out one of the reels.  I think I am due for a new spinning setup, or crankbait reel.

Rangerboats05

I just bought a Quantum Energy PT a month ago at BPS. I am a die-hard Quantum user but had never bought a top of the line model before this one. The reel I got was broken right out of the box, when I carried it back to BPS they were more than happy to exchanged the reel for anything that would make me happy. I chose to exchange the reel for another Quantum Energy PT.  I have been fishing the reel now for a few weeks all day long and I flat out LOVE this reel, I have had no trouble with it what so ever and it is VERY smooth. I am amazed at just how much better it really is than my cheaper Quantum's. I feel that the reel was very much worth the money and I plan on buying some more when I can.

LoonyToon

~c~ Right now BPS is having a sale on the previous models in Spinning and Baitcasting...I think the Catalyst is around 59.88......This is what I use currently on 99% of my Spinning Rods and it has performed admirablly........I also use the 500 CX and love it for pitchin and some flippin.......I have an older 600KVD CX that is in the box--I guess I'll try it again this spring, but when I used it last It worked flawlessly......................Energy's are running about 15-20$$ more than the catalysts..........Check out your local stores online as the warehouse only has the 10 Series left

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

Tritonrob

Quantum is putting out some great products. I was lucky enough to attend their annual sales meeting last May In Oklahoma.  They put a lot of R&D and testing into their reels.  Not like they were 6 or so years ago.  I get to play with all they reels and will say the Energy Tour Pt is an awesome reel.  I had one to field test all last year and it worked flawless.  I have the Energy Pts as well.  The Energy Pt is great as weel.  But don't short change the Accurist Pt.  My good freind and tourney partner is also on the staff and he is very hard on his gear.  He fishes more than anyone I know and used the Accurists Pts all last year and didn't have one issue.  They may not look the best now after a year but the work as good as the day he got them.   Pt Spinning reels are nice as well.  Big change for this year on the PT spinning reels are the handle and the new LMS line Management System.  I have used all 3 PTI spinning reels and they are all nice.  I just went to put in my order and the Energys are back order so instead I"m getting 4 Catalyst.

SCYankee

Good Afternoon,

I've been using Quantum reels for several years for both cranking and softbaits.  I like the 6.2:1 ratio myself.
I would highly recommend their use.

Jim Clark, No. Charleston, SC
2003 Triton, TR21, Yamaha 250HP

cherryseed

I have the new 2006 quantum tour edition pt model. Its simply the best reel i have ever used. I have a shimano chronarx and i think the new tour edition is significantly superior. I also have the new daiwa reel with the twitchin bar. awesome reel for flippin and soft plastics. i prefer the daiwa in those situations.

Jonas

LoonyToon

~c~ ;) Quantum has come Leaps and Bounds in the last 6-7 years since Bradley bought them from Brunswick..........Under Brunswick they were no more than a gussied up Zero Bomb Hour Co. (Zebco) product with little R & D and an inferior product for the $$.....I do like what I have and have abused it, but it keeps on keeeping on, and that is what really matters

Keep the Rod Tip up and the Hook Sharp

topcat

~c~ Okuma you are right....Quantum has come along ways as far as  product is concern......but my problem is I just can't shake that Daiwa thing...I am afraid I am hooked on the feeling.........

Topcat

Danny

I've been using Quantum for about 5 years. I have last years Energy PT and last years Accurist PT and a couple of the KVD signatures. The PT lineup is top notch equipment. Both of my PT reels are as smooth as it gets, they still feel brand new. The only problem I have had is the Energy has that black chrome paintjob that got scratched up really easy. Maybe I got one with a bad coat on it. Still works good. You will not go wrong buying a PT of any caliber.
Danny

Tritonrob

Danny did you buy a Metal Energy Pt?  They had problems with that coated and that's why they no longer make that reel.

fishforfree

I have 2 Accurist PT's and love them.

Randy Howell likes 'em too!!

Danny

Its just the E600PT. Not the XM model. Other than the paintjob  these are some superb reels.
Danny

bassassult

I just got a Quantum Kinetic PTi-A spinning reel and I love it.  It has been well worth the money I paid for it.
"Everybodody should believe in something..... I believe I'll go fishing".

paxpress

I used to use Quantum reels about 5-6 years ago and then changed over to Shimano.  I was happy with my Quantums then, but as they wore out, I did not like what I saw in the new Quantums back then, that's why I switched.

I got a great deal on two 2006 Energy PT's.  I was going to buy new Shimano Curado 100's, but got a deal I could not turn down.  My question is, I can cast some real light stuff (under 1/4 ounce) on my green Curado 100's and Scorpions.  Can the same be said for the Energy PT??

CJ Basser8

I ended up getting two of the new Shimano Cruxis reels.  I don't think you can beat them for the money.  They are almost identical to the old Curado, even with one less bearing.  I lubed it up with Hot Sauce, and I see no differenence in the two reels....

Blakstr1

4 years ago I owned all Shimanos products, now you won't find anything but the high end Quantum reels in my box.   ~shhh don't tell the wife how much they cost!!  but really their quality and performance speak for themselves, i wouldn't use anything else, the tour edition rods are awesome as well.

paxpress

I tried my new Energy PT's tonight.  Drag is smooth, and very smooth retrieve.  I will need more time tuning them as right out of the box the spool speed is very fast on the cast.  Better than I could have expected.  So far, it is thumbs up on them. ~c~ ~c~