Legend Boat Rough Water Test !!!

Started by Mike Cork, August 25, 2012, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMGullo

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 22, 2012, 09:12:07 AM
Down play all you want, that's a beast of a drive  :shockinnotams met the goal of the test  :o not saying you haven't but I've never seen anything like it?

Palestine this year was enough test for me to know I love my Legend. I did get stuck on Toledo in some bad stuff this year 3-5 footers but it wasn't near as bad as the washing machine of Palestine and those waves werent big. They just came from all directions at the same time.

-Shawn-

I ran a Boats for 5 as a Licensed master years in the Gulf in seas up to 20', So I know a few things about what makes for a bad Combo.  lo  Wave Height isn't the Problem, it's the Period from crest to crest that makes it dangerous and hard to navigate.   When they are Real close together and Standing Straight up with no back on them it get's snotty.

The Spot where he is at is a world renowned spot for wind surfers, they come there from all over the world to jump those waves.  :surrender:

Mike Cork

I know your credentials, still say it's a nasty place to put a bass boat :shocking:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

JMGullo

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 22, 2012, 09:40:18 AM
I know your credentials, still say it's a nasty place to put a bass boat :shocking:

You know how Shawn is. He has to complain about everything.

-Shawn-

I think you missed My original point.   :surrender:

I was refering to Rattles Post when I said that a Better test would be the 5-7 footers stacked on top of each other is actually a Lot Nastier environment to be in as far as Spray and Rough/wet ride than these Spaced Waves even when they are stacked 14' tall. 

the 2-3ft chop in a 21 Ft Boat is actually an easy Drive...  In a 17-18' boat it is a totally different Feel.  v~

-Shawn-

Quote from: JMGullo on September 22, 2012, 09:23:41 AM
Palestine this year was enough test for me to know I love my Legend. I did get stuck on Toledo in some bad stuff this year 3-5 footers but it wasn't near as bad as the washing machine of Palestine and those waves werent big. They just came from all directions at the same time.

BINGO!!  this was Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Mike Cork

Quote from: -Shawn- on September 22, 2012, 09:05:00 AM
A real test would be 5-7ft swells stacked on top of each other.  Falcon and Big Sam or the extreme southern end of Toledo bend during the passage of a Big cold front would make Excellent testing grounds.

This statement says that you don't believe the current test was real or significant.

If you are referring to something specific, please quote. It will make my life much easier ~roflmao

Yes cross wave action is brutal especially when you have to manage boat roads or creek channels and can't drive directly into them. However, waves as large as those in the Columbia, well IMO if you can keep from getting water in a bass boat along with not jarring your teeth into your skull, you are the man!

Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

Quote from: Jared LeBlue on September 21, 2012, 03:03:19 PM
It will be very interesting to see what he has to say not only with the Legends but with other boats as well. One thing I can tell you is it doesn't matter what boat you are in ,when you in 7 foot swells it's not going to be dry or smooth. I would think the test in waves that big would be more for the durablity of the hull and components in the boat. I think a 2 to 3 ft chop would be what you want to test for dry ride and comfort.

Here, this is the comment I was responding too........... 

There is Nothing I have seen so far that I will not put my Legend in.

merc1997

i am begging to see how it is that mike and shawn have so many posts.  they just back back and forth at each other all the time ~roflmao.  you both should spend more time fishing lo.

bo
On Heaven's Lake

-Shawn-

I would be Fishing if I wasn't at work .................  But UB is as close as I get when I am on the road.

Just Think.......... Mike and I are Close freinds.............  ~shade lo lo lo

The reason we have so many post is we have been hanging around here A LONG time....  8)

Mike Cork

Shawn and I pierce the truth out of each other ~roflmao By following our conversations you can definitely get some good info. It's dangerous when we agree ~roflmao

I wish I could fish with Shawn more, to this day the only time I've shared a boat with him was on the trailer  :'( :'( We've shared the same water several times  :-*

Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

We have shared the Same water alot..............  That Pic that D took with You and Laurie and Tab and I fishing our way to Weigh in is one of my favorite Pics.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I probably should Go find it and Actually save it to my Computer.  :-*

Mike Cork

When you find it, send it my way. Laurie hords all the pictures around here LOL

Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

I am having a Problem finding it.  I know it was from the 2010 rally on Fork. But there are zero Pics in that board.  :-\

Ron Fogelson

Quote from: Mike Cork on August 25, 2012, 02:06:35 PM
This is an Alpha 211 with a Yamaha on the back (you can't see it) Driver and boat are just fine :-*

Can your boat survive this !!!!

I'd have to say a big yes to the question!

Go check out the Nitro Board  ~bb