How long does it take to build a legend boat?

Started by bassmasta63, August 23, 2011, 12:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmasta63

I was just wondering how long it took for other people to get there Legend boat after they ordered it. I've been waiting 3 months and it's for sure going to be another month there telling me! My buddies are telling me they wouldn't wait 4 months for a boat no matter how good it is! Well I want my boat really bad and my patience is is running low,tell me what you think. :'( :'( :'( :'( :-\
2012 199 225 pro xs

Mike Cork

I'm in the same position as you  ~sweat going crazy without a boat  lo put a down to get on the waiting list back in June.

Legend is a full custom boat and it takes a while. They have a 30 person work force building all the boats. With every inch of the boat being built by hand and with great detail, they are overwhelmed right now. As you know it's not a production boat where certain parts can be prefabricated and just put together. More than likely one of the reasons you chose a Legend.

I have been told that the can build one in about 4 weeks. If you knew how many were in front of you when you ordered yours you might be able to forecast. I know there we 20 or so on the list when we ordered ours. Now I don't know what models they were.

Legend is expanding and wants to be faster but they are not going to cut quality.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bassmasta63

You are right,it is going to be worth the wait!They build more than 1 boat every 4 weeks,I read where they build 300 boats a year!That would be 25  boats a month,that can't be right,lol!What I read must be wrong,I'll have to do some checking on that!
2012 199 225 pro xs

Mike Cork

They do build more than one every four weeks  ~sweat with the three different sizes I think they can shoot a mold about every three to four days. I don't begin to know exactly. But I do know that it takes a day to spray the gel coat and a day or two to lay the fiberglass. Then there is cure time between all the steps and layers. Once a boat is removed from the mold there is repair time and polish time before the mold can be used again. So just in mold time your looking at an easy week betweens boats. I don't know how many molds of each model that have?

Wiring and carpet take some serious time to ensure it's right. I know they have over thirty well trained and freindy people working as fast as they can yet still keep quality number one!

We are victims of timing. Back in February the lead time was only 6-8 weeks but during the summer everyone puts in their orders and that time doubles. This will be my fourth Legend and although I hate to wait I LOVE that it's built custom for me and when I get it I'll be the happiest fisherman on the water!

Cork's Reel Service

DBrooke

For a guy featured in Bassmaster (with a jacket on) you'd think they would kick your boat out a little faster Mike lo
This section under construction.

Mike Cork

Yeah let me push that angle  ~roflmao if you look close you can tell it's a Legend! Press is always a good thing!!!

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

bassmasta63, You never did say when you ordered your boat? What model did you order?

Cork's Reel Service

bassmasta63

I ordered it June 5th,199 225 pro xs! I talked to them today,they started on it,should be in it in 4 more weeks!I'll probaly be going after it opening weekend of bow season! :o
2012 199 225 pro xs

bassmasta63

Well I missed by one week,I'm picking up my new boat next Friday! They sent me some pics and I love it,can't wait! They started on yours yet ,Mike? We may have to go fishing sometime,I live in south east Arkansas,Crossett.
2012 199 225 pro xs

BassBUFF

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service