What's your favorite feature on your Legend Boat

Started by Mike Cork, May 11, 2012, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Aside from the family atmosphere and the great ride of your Legend Boat. What are some of the features that you really enjoy about your Legend!

Probably my favorite is the, throughout rope lighting. In the early mornings when setting up for blast off at a tournament it is soooo nice to be able to see in the rod lockers and front compartment. Not just a corner of them but the whole compartment is lit up. I love it!

How about the rest of you Legend owners, what feature do you love about your ride.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

JMGullo

I love my huge front deck. As clumsy as I am the more room the better! Hard to name just one though. Lighting, storage, and all around comfort are great!

K2Racing29

Hands down favorite feature is the passenger rod storage. Down, out of the way without rod tips bouncing around sticking up where they can get nicked, grabbed by trees, etc. second is the massive rod locker and organizer. Storage for 15 rods is unheard of. Lighted lockers and wells. I'm in an LE and I like the fact that my deck extension is flush with the entire front deck.

Please do not use Outdoor Hub Mobile, Please find and use TapaTalk for your phone
2006 Legend LE21

From the Country that Invented Rock N Roll

JMGullo

Quote from: K2Racing29 on May 11, 2012, 11:43:25 AM
Hands down favorite feature is the passenger rod storage. Down, out of the way without rod tips bouncing around sticking up where they can get nicked, grabbed by trees, etc. second is the massive rod locker and organizer. Storage for 15 rods is unheard of. Lighted lockers
and wells. I'm in an LE and I like the fact that my deck extension is flush with the entire front deck.

I hear ya on the deck extension. I almost bust my butt 5 times a trip fishing with Cork

Russ199A

I like the fact that each and every compartment is finished. If I need to due any maintainace on something, I don't have to worry about getting my hands and arms full of fiberglass.
2014, 2016 & 2017 TCTC AOY - With a little help from the man upstairs!

beast96z

I agree on the finished compartments. I had to ditch the rope lightning. Just wasn't enough for me. Went back with Blue Water LED's for all the compartments and under the dash. Major improvement. Also had to rewire the electrical part of the lights. The way Legend has it wired, only 8 volts was getting to the lights. That's 1/3 of your power. Not sure if they have improved this on the Alpha series. Other than that, I love everything else about my boat.

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

beast96z

No, they are 12 volt lights. It's they way the breaker board is wired in the compartment behind the drivers seat. There is a single 12V feed coming from the battery  which goes into the top right breaker and then jumpers continuously to the end. The lights are on the tail end of this circuit, which causes low voltage to the switch. Low voltage, combined with a very small feed wire from the breaker to the switch causes the switch itself to get so hot you can't touch the connector after a few minutes of being on.

I disconnected that breaker from the circuit and ran a large feed directly from the battery to the breaker, and the same size wire from the breaker to the switch. This got me 11.8V at the light itself. You may not notice it on the other accessories, but you can tell when lights are to dim. As stated, it may be different on the Alpha's?

Mike Cork

The switch system is completely different on the alpha's with the brain box.

Cork's Reel Service

Disco

I am getting a 2013 Alpha 199 and it comes with the LEDs from blue water.  No more rope lighting.

Mike Cork

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

The boarding step has been awesome! The early mornings that are chilly wet feet can be a hassle. Even in the driveway, getting in and out is so easy. Us old men appreciated the ability to simply walk into our boats instead of climb ~c~

Cork's Reel Service

-Shawn-

That is strange with the lights. 

I haven't had any problems with the switch getting hot at all and I have fished 12hr night tournies with everything on.

beast96z

You would have to have the switch out Shawn. The metal male/female connection on the bottom of the switch is what heats up.

-Shawn-

Oh, Ok.

I wonder why you are still only getting 11.8 with the Jumper?  :-\

Flyswatter

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 24, 2012, 09:15:37 AM

The boarding step has been awesome! The early mornings that are chilly wet feet can be a hassle. Even in the driveway, getting in and out is so easy. Us old men appreciated the ability to simply walk into our boats instead of climb ~c~

Amen brother!!!  Trailer step and pole is a must.