Making custom lures

Started by squirrel73, August 26, 2020, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrel73

I am going to start making my own custom lures guys. That's one thing I love to do for myself and I'm fairly good at it. Since I cant do construction anymore. Here is the beginning process of making a longer topwater popper. I'll post as I go along, and once its airbrushed.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

squirrel73

Time for the eyes and gill cut out

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Interesting thread, I make my own jigs, keep up the work a lot of folks here will follow it.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

bigjim5589

I'm looking forward to seeing this completed.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

I like longer poppers than most that are made. I've used the Pop R often, but started looking for longer poppers many years ago. I now have several that are 4" long or longer that I'll toss for bass, but they're all plastic and some are even sold as saltwater lures. I have some that are made from wood, intended for Striped Bass & such, so they're heavy.

It's difficult to find them that are both longer & lighter. Some of the lighter one's I have are well over an ounce.  :(
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Smallie_Stalker

Wow, that's looking really good already Rick! 

Thanks for sharing the progress with us. I'm Looking forward to following along with this thread to see how it turns out.

Posted Using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

fishballer06

Following along as well. It's good to see another fellow bait maker on here. That popper has a good profile.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament