shimano "parts"

Started by justtrying, December 05, 2006, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtrying

i had some "down time" a few weeks ago & decided to clean/lube my reels.
in the past, i've always done this w/o any problems, but, i was cleaning abu garcia reels.
now, i've got shimano, calais, chronarch 50mg, metanium xt & curado's.   with the help of schematics & a "LOT" of trial & error, i got them cleaned & put back together (it took me 30 minutes to figure out how to take the cover off the calais! LOL)

i "misplaced" a few small clips for about 15 minutes, so, i'd like to get some extras, in case i ever really lose something.  so,,, where can you get extra E locks, bearing retainers, etc.?

thanks
ronnie

Mike Cork

You came to the right place Connie can set you up with what every you need for a shimano :toot: She'll be along shortly  ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

conniek

just trying  handle fits you good. a score of 10 for attempting the calais.  ~c~good for you.
We stock most of  the shimano baitcaster reel parts and if  we don't have, it  just takes couple of days  to get into shop. I've spent many times on knees looking for those  little  clips. they have a mind of their own. When you get ready to removethem, put your  finger over the clip and using a pair of tweezers, grab side of clip and move tips of tweezersto almostend of clip, then push  in and lift out. To install, position back side of clip into  groove, put finger  over clip and using tweezers, pull out and then snap the end of the clip into  groove. Keeping finger on clip helps. some anglersput a plastic bag over their hands. that wil work  too. Just  give me a holler and we'll be glad to help you. again, congrats on taking ownership of your reel  maintenance.
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

Warpath

This is a reminder that at some point, I have to tear apart 5 reels of mine own. 

Eric

conniek

warpath, i have lots of  condidence in you. You can do it. ~c~
conniek-Gycb Pro Staff,Ask about our maint. video and training school- SEE US IN DEC ISSUE BASSMASTER

Jerry Holston Jr

Eric it is not bad man i work industrial maint so i said how hard can it be last year when local guy wanted $15 a reel.

I took down 4 old style curados and 2 quantums and the first reel curado was little challenging as i got one pcs wrong but i figured it out after that they all went smooth. 

Basically take a day that you have time to go completely threw one and lay out an area on table and keep the parts in order and blow up a schematic with a copier and your good.

I do plan to order some of the better drag washers from connie for the next time i tear down.
Mid Buckeye Division of Bait

B.A.I.T.

Pro Staff Lure Tamer
Pro Staff Parasite Weights
Pro Staff JDC Baits
Knox Marine, Graham Automall, Ocean Wav