Kaden 713C

Started by Capt. BassinLou, April 21, 2024, 09:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Does anyone have experience with the Kaden 713C. Pro's, con's? Thanks! I'm considering one to replace my Savvy 703.

Capt. BassinLou

I went ahead and ordered one today. I should be receiving it very soon. ;)

J.W.

I have a Kaden 713, but it's the SF. I got it for weightless soft plastics, but I mostly use it now for vertical presentations in deeper water, like drop-shotting and jighead minnows, since I built that BFS rod. I would think the 713SF and the 713C might be the same blank, but I am not positive. I have no complaints about mine for what it's worth.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: J.W. on April 23, 2024, 07:20:32 AMI have a Kaden 713, but it's the SF. I got it for weightless soft plastics, but I mostly use it now for vertical presentations in deeper water, like drop-shotting and jighead minnows, since I built that BFS rod. I would think the 713SF and the 713C might be the same blank, but I am not positive. I have no complaints about mine for what it's worth.
I also have the 713 spinner. I enjoy it.

Capt. BassinLou

Kaden arrived! Breaking it in tomorrow! Stay tuned. ;)

Capt. BassinLou

I was fortunate enough to break in the new Kaden 713C today.

I have this rod paired with a Shimano SLX MGL. This 70 size reel matches nicely with the Kaden.

The rod will serve as my topwater rod for smaller spooks and poppers.

My Savvy 703 was used for those applications, but I wanted a rod that was a tad longer and with a faster tip. (The Savvy has not been retired btw. ;) )

Since I have a 713 in the spinning series, I had a feeling I was going to like the 713C. I was not wrong.

The reel and rod combo casts fantastic, and the hooksets are strong. The rod keeps the bass pinned nicely.

I'm going to enjoy this rod for years!

Thanks for reading.

J.W.

Nice! Not to sidetrack things, but how are you liking the SLX MGL?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: J.W. on April 26, 2024, 07:20:56 PMNice! Not to sidetrack things, but how are you liking the SLX MGL?
Tx! I'm loving the SLX MGL. Slings lures beautifully.

J.W.

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on April 26, 2024, 07:27:17 PM
Quote from: J.W. on April 26, 2024, 07:20:56 PMNice! Not to sidetrack things, but how are you liking the SLX MGL?
Tx! I'm loving the SLX MGL. Slings lures beautifully.

I think that might be my next reel. Glad you got to go reel some in with that combo. I have culled some rods since I started building, but both of my Kadens stay in rotation.

Masterbasser45

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on April 22, 2024, 06:11:32 PMI went ahead and ordered one today. I should be receiving it very soon. ;)

I am not a fan of the full grips. Yes I know I am picky. I have a Kaden 714 with the plastic still in the handle that is in mint condition. Mint condition bc I only took it out once. I like to u load it.
"Don't be a dumb Bass"

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Masterbasser45 on May 04, 2024, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on April 22, 2024, 06:11:32 PMI went ahead and ordered one today. I should be receiving it very soon. ;)

I am not a fan of the full grips. Yes I know I am picky. I have a Kaden 714 with the plastic still in the handle that is in mint condition. Mint condition bc I only took it out once. I like to u load it.

I would have preferred a split grip model for this particular rod, but a full grip is not a big deal to me.

J.W.

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on May 05, 2024, 09:13:39 AMI would have preferred a split grip model for this particular rod, but a full grip is not a big deal to me.

Pretty much my sentiments as well. The only knock I have against full grips is they don't fit as easily in my homemade rod rack that I built for my boat.