Rollins Resivoir

Started by DannyMiller, May 15, 2011, 10:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyMiller

Fished a small club event on Rollins Lake yesterday.A lake I've not been to before and was very pleased with the bass population to say the least. Each boat caught at least 20 bass and my partner and I boated over 30.The spook Jr.was a real fish catcher. The water was around 60 degrees and the smallies had spawned a while back, many spotted bass were seen on beds with a lot of large fish locked on. The lake was full and a lot of trees had fell into the lake from a recent wind storm making some great hideouts for bass. Should get even better in the next month. Stay safe, Danny

Mike Cork

Where is Rollins?  I used to fish a lake called Collins but I might have it mixed up and it be the same one? Getting old sux :surrender: ~roflmao

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

DannyMiller

You can reach Rollins the best by useing I 80. Turn off @ Colfax and follow the signs. It gets a lot of skiers and has about 900 acres of surface water. I think Collins would have been a better choice for size of bass but the numbers of bass caught were really high so the club guys enjoyed themselves. It's Clear Lake next week and I can't wait.  FROGGY TIME!  Danny