Quality Rain Gear and its importance!

Started by rockchalk06, April 25, 2017, 08:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

big g

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on April 27, 2017, 08:20:49 AM
I don't understand people saying that the Frogg Togg's breath.... every pair I've ever put on, I was drenched with sweat within minutes....

Maybe knock-off  Fogg Toggs, LOL.  They work for me, and I can sweat in the shower.  Sorry about your experience!   I have had four pairs over the years.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: big g on April 27, 2017, 08:57:31 AM
Maybe knock-off  Fogg Toggs, LOL.  They work for me, and I can sweat in the shower.  Sorry about your experience!   I have had four pairs over the years.

George I have actual Frogg Toggs from BPS and I am instantly drenched in sweat. In fact last time I wore them I decided never to wear them again because I was just as soaked from sweat as I would have been from the rain.

Problem we have down here is the rain, meanwhile its 90 degrees and 100% humidity. So you end up soaking wet regardless of wearing or not wearing rain gear.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Polaris425

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 27, 2017, 09:04:47 AM
George I have actual Frogg Toggs from BPS and I am instantly drenched in sweat. In fact last time I wore them I decided never to wear them again because I was just as soaked from sweat as I would have been from the rain.

Problem we have down here is the rain, meanwhile its 90 degrees and 100% humidity. So you end up soaking wet regardless of wearing or not wearing rain gear.

Exactly.... No knock-off here... I just bought a brand new zip-up FT coat last year, bought the upgraded version thinking it might breath a little better. Nope. It's as bad as the original.

Maybe the problem is the humidity down here.

I've never had a better rain coat than my columbia. It breathes nicely And keeps me dry. I wish I had bought another one of those instead of the FT.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lee Smith on April 25, 2017, 08:40:41 AM
I'm glad yall got the wet rally out of the way, now if someone would get the COLD rally out of the way please  ;D
Wait til winter comes back! ~roflmao ~roflmao

I have a Columbia set for cool/cold days and Frogg Toggs for summer, they work, I'm happy. ;D
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

kadas

fishingram24

Anyone tried the Frabils. I have the F1 set but have only had to use them one time and stayed dry. Also have the mid weight Frogg Toggs that breathe better but not as dry due the style of the pants. 
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Polaris425

Quote from: fishingram24 on April 28, 2017, 11:27:35 AM
Anyone tried the Frabils. I have the F1 set but have only had to use them one time and stayed dry. Also have the mid weight Frogg Toggs that breathe better but not as dry due the style of the pants.

I was going to get the Frabils but ended up w/ the H20 from academy. They were cheaper, and the only thing there in my size at the time of purchase. Really wanted to try the Frabils though. They felt lighter.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

rockchalk06

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on April 28, 2017, 12:34:43 PM
I was going to get the Frabils but ended up w/ the H20 from academy. They were cheaper, and the only thing there in my size at the time of purchase. Really wanted to try the Frabils though. They felt lighter.

Same here. Plus the H2O's had more pockets.