UB'ers turned YouTuber's Support Thread Chapter 2 (2022)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, December 30, 2021, 03:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

Thanks again Lou for your techno help. I haven't tried it yet- I'll need to have some time and my mind will need to be in it's really happy place before I start. I still hate techno stuff.

That being said, I also don't enjoy the YT "short" deal, but it is the wave of the future. In fact, I just signed off on all the waivers needed for the new YT official and separate monetization of shorts that will start in February. I've decided to just start clipping the funny stuff, which is why YT is doing this to start with, to compete with TikTok (did I get that right???) and maybe some idiot stuff that I usually save for blooper reels. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks again Lou. The future for a brave new world of folks who have OCD (or whatever acronym fits) and can't watch a longer video is HERE.

Dale

P.S. I've done several "unofficial" short videos lately and it's interesting. As an example, I did a 22 second video, and only 27% of the viewers have watched it thru 'til the end. Same for them all. Good gosh. Makes a guy feel real good.
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 15, 2023, 10:56:20 PM
Thanks again Lou for your techno help. I haven't tried it yet- I'll need to have some time and my mind will need to be in it's really happy place before I start. I still hate techno stuff.

That being said, I also don't enjoy the YT "short" deal, but it is the wave of the future. In fact, I just signed off on all the waivers needed for the new YT official and separate monetization of shorts that will start in February. I've decided to just start clipping the funny stuff, which is why YT is doing this to start with, to compete with TikTok (did I get that right???) and maybe some idiot stuff that I usually save for blooper reels. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks again Lou. The future for a brave new world of folks who have OCD (or whatever acronym fits) and can't watch a longer video is HERE.

Dale

P.S. I've done several "unofficial" short videos lately and it's interesting. As an example, I did a 22 second video, and only 27% of the viewers have watched it thru 'til the end. Same for them all. Good gosh. Makes a guy feel real good.

You're welcome Dale. Good luck. If you have any questions I'll be here.
Although my channel is growing at a snails pace. Ever since I began posting shorts, they have helped build up my subscriber base. Short form video is the craze right now.

FD

At Lou's encouragement, I have also started editing shorts.  It definitely has an immediate impact on subscribers.  Whether or not that translates into watch hours for the long form content over time remains to be seen.

Sent from the very edge of civilization...where I belong

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

I know its been a spell, but I came across a site that was recommended by one of YT creator channels that I watch. It's a very simple site, and it sole purpose is to show how your videos title and thumbnail will appear across all the different viewing windows. For example, it will show how the image will appear on a mobile device, the side bar, home page etc.
It's very handy tool to have at your disposal, and best of all its free. It's called: thumbsup.tv I have been using it for a couple of my thumbnails so far and its been very helpful.
Let me know if it helps.