Lake Frances Case Bass Fishing Reports

Started by MotherNature, June 27, 2004, 10:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherNature

post all reports here.....

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

dimockcarp

Lake Francis
Fishing has been fair using soft plastics aimed towards shore. mainly using lime-green/yellow mister twisters and a spinner-blade with a chartuese sticker for extra flicker. Catching several smallmouth bass has not been a problem in the 3-5lb range. Water is still low but comfortable. Also catching bass on bottom bouncers rigged for walleyes in 12-15 foot depth. Changed minnows on the bottom bouncers to mister-twisters in the 6 inch black nightcralwer version on a 36 inch leader. This kicked up a nice 6lb bass.

Dimock Lake has been slow with only bullheads on the bite.
Milltown has been awesome catfishing using g&s stickbait, nightcrawlers, livers, and my secret weapon tootsie rolls.
Menno lake has been slow with just a few crappies biting.
Mitchell Lake has been poor with a few walleyes biting.
Tripp Lake was good bass fishing, on the smaller side however.
Corsica Lake had some good northern action last weekend.
Ethan Dam was very poor.

This concludes my report.

There are no bad days, but better days spent fishing....

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

dimockcarp

Going out today. Gonna be a hot one with heavy winds. Hope we still have a chance. Trying down by Pease Creek and White Swan.

Mike Cork

Let us know how it goes :-* try to use the wind to your advantage, it can really stack the fish up on points and bank lines. Watch for the wind to position the bait fish :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

dimockcarp

Went to North Point and traveled into Svatos Bay to keep out of the heavier winds. Caught one walleye(non keeper), 2 bass(non keeper), and several white bass(keepers). Rather slow day but not bad. Had to fish deeper as there wasn't any shallow action. Caught bass on white double tail mister twisters with a spinner. Looking forward to a cold front supposably coming through this week. Should cause some action. 

Mike Noble

What is the water temp running up there?  And a cold front....what kind of air temps are you looking for after it passes.

Looks like a tough day, but at least there was some catching.  ~c~
Life is a B........each!

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - e-reader

TREATING LIFE FAIRLY - paperback

Ask me about PROTANDIM

dimockcarp

Depth finder doesn't have a temp reading, time for upgrade next year. From Humid 90-95 to a drier air and low 80'. Im gonna guess water is in 70's.
Thanks for the replies Mike.

dimockcarp

Going to dock 44 has been good if you head up to redrock.
Walleyes have been in the 15-25 depth, nice ones in the 18 inch area. Thinking of trying leaches next week, that should get some bite. People have been saying chamberlain area has been real hot for smallies, thinking of headin there soon. Talked to guy at snake creek said he caught several smallies in the 3-5lb range on white mister twister double tails. Channel cats are being caught closer to pickstown most in the 5lb range good eaters. Northerns have been caught closer to Whiteswan, havent heard any sizes. On the under side of the damn people have been catching some good white bass, always alot of fun. From what I understand they are getting stringers full.

Swede

3-5 pound fish good in my book any day - no matter what species.  White bass can be a blast and action hot and heavy when they are on.  They remind me of Sand Bass in Oklahoma or elsewhere as far as action goes.  You could troll through a school and get 2-3 per line using three jigs on a single line. 

Do you spend most of your time walleye fishing, bass fishing , or going after another species?  My brother has a good friend fishing the walleye tour up there - Mark Courts.  He recently fished the Devils Lake tourney and did OK.  Thanks for the great reports.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.
Rascal Flatts

dimockcarp

Well weird as it maybe, I like catching anything. But if I had to choose probably cats. I love fishing bass, walleye, just give me a rod and reel. I definatly love fishing carp too. Carp have such strong power, its unreal. I would like to catch a 50lber some day. Im not fussy really I just love fishing for anything.