Lunkerhunt Boshi Blade quick review

Started by BassmanRudy, February 20, 2023, 07:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

Was curious how this "blade under bait" crank worked compared to some others I've tried.

Pros-
-casts really well for being long and the blade underneath.
-suspends/slowllllyy rises on a pause. Might become a really good bait for forward facing sonar when bass are less than 10'!
-quickly gets down. Not sure exact running depth as I was using it in the deep pocket but I'd say 6-8' easy.
-hooks are sharp! Not sure what brand they are but caught my hoodie and fingers easy lol.

Con-maybe?
-doesn't have a solid feel on the retrieve. More like fishing a paddltail swimbait where you know it's there but no solid wobble. May just be me but something I wanted to mention.

Conclusion- interesting bait that I'd like to see in clear water maybe using with FFS letting it suspend in front with that blade wobbling underneath.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

I'm curious if the blade would interfere with hookups on that front hook.

Then again, if a fish hits the blade it may get one or both of the other hooks in it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

I watch a YouTube channel that a Mega Bass super store manages and they did a vid on a similar bait. They basically said the exact same things you did. Mostly they stressed that the spinner was simply there to add flash as it flopped around, it didn't spin just made noise and flashed back and forth.

Anyway they liked it and said it was fish worthy.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service