Berkley KREJ

Started by FlatsNBay, January 13, 2024, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

I just got back from a media trip with Berkley Fishing where they debuted 3 different baits including the KREJ.

First look I thought what the heck? The KREJ is a forward facing sonar inspired sinking jerkbait that looks like a traditional jerkbait with an upside down bill. What makes this lure truly unique is when you stop the lure and give slack to your line, the lure sinks and backs away from you (and back to a following fish or cover). You can work it past cover then stop your retrieve to let the bait fall backwards to the cover that you just fished. There's no other bait like it.

I watched the lure in a tank and it shimmied back and forth as it sank in a tantalizing wobble. In addition to a totally unique action, the KREJ is extremely versatile and can be fished as a jerkbait with slashing back and forth action. To top it off, the KREJ can be reeled with a steady retrieve and the sinking bait will come to the surface with a back and forth wobble and can be used as a wake bait.

It's really cool. Weather you use forward facing sonar or not, the KREJ is unique lure that can fit into several different categories of baits. Comes in 1 size (4"). Give it a try.

https://youtu.be/OVQqi67Elx0?si=5Rbm66gTz2K_nXpD

ike8120

It is actually called the KREJ, which is jerk spelled backwards
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

FlatsNBay

Quote from: ike8120 on January 14, 2024, 07:32:32 AMIt is actually called the KREJ, which is jerk spelled backwards

You're right! Thanks for catching the misspelled name. I only spent 3 days in meetings and demos about the lure. I'm loosing it!  ~roflmao

FlatsNBay

Capt. BassinLou

Interesting bait, I think it will change up peacock bass fishing too. Especially when their suspended in schools.

Larry Francis

Yeah I am pretty excited about this one for Lake Winterset and the deep water lake around us.  I have been a huge fan of the Siking Rebel ovel the years and this seem to be the Rebel on Steroids. Not available yet but I am on the waiting list.
Molon Labe

Larry Francis

I ordered the first day they hit the website. I received 2 and went out the next day. Water temps in Florida are unusually cold this year and have been for  a while. Running about 60 degrees this makes the F1 strain bass just lethargic.  Full moon would be the next week and Bass should be in full spawn mode. They did very little spawning with the weather and temps but there was some. I am still graphing fish in 12-17 ft of water. These fish were over some eel grass and hydrilla mixture. Perfect conditions for the Krej. This lure is going to be a hot ticket. While it was designed for FFS, I do not have FFS. It covers water very effectively and makes a shimmering backing up presentation the seems to make fish crazy. The old Sinking Rebel was a jerk bait that when twitched forward would back up 3-4 inches and that made fish crazy. This bait backs way up and pretty much goes right back into the fish's face if he is following it. We caught 20 bass and an unknown number of Specks. This is gonna be a big-time tool in my future.

You cannot view this attachment.
Molon Labe

big g

Interesting bait, Ike did a long presentation on his podcast.  Should be good along the ledges walls in our deeper canals in Florida.  Drops at one foot per second so you can count down to whatever depth you want, then work it back up.  Why didn't we think of this a long time ago!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.