What do you do....

Started by No Excuses, April 24, 2019, 07:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Excuses

when you want a 4" version of a soft plastic bait that never existed? You whittle one up out of solid oak and make a mold!!

apenland01

Lee Smith

Nice, let us know how the action is!  ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Wizard

Even easier is whittling with Styrofoam.

Wizard

No Excuses

Surprisingly the action was as good if not better than the original. I was in a hurry and just cut some grooves with a dremel tool, which is the opposite of the original. It has raised rings on it. As an afterthought I realized i could have grooved the top flat of the bait and put o-rings on it before I glued it down. But in doing it the way I did, I think it limbered the bait up a little bit. Will probably make another one with the o-rings and compare it. 

Lee Smith

Quote from: No Excuses on April 24, 2019, 03:06:57 PM
Surprisingly the action was as good if not better than the original. I was in a hurry and just cut some grooves with a dremel tool, which is the opposite of the original. It has raised rings on it. As an afterthought I realized i could have grooved the top flat of the bait and put o-rings on it before I glued it down. But in doing it the way I did, I think it limbered the bait up a little bit. Will probably make another one with the o-rings and compare it.

Awesome!  Now to catch fish with it  ;)  ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Bassinkorea

Really cool.......nice work   ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Oldfart9999

Nice job, hope it works out as a killer bait.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

No Excuses

Thanks! Took the youngest to the pond after church last night and he caught 3 bass and a nice bream in short order!

Oldfart9999

Gotta love bream this time of year, they think they're bass and normally big enough to fillet.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

saltystick

It's so satisfying making unique designs or any lure that fish strike! Nice job.
Ever think of making hybrid soft plastic lures using a candle flame. Modifying is one thing that works, making something unique using the parts from different lures is amazing especially when many species eat it !