Central Texas newb here...

Started by MarkAmerica, November 12, 2021, 10:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAmerica

Hi Everybody!

I live a little way from Temple, Tx. I fish mostly on Stillhouse Hollow. I'm mid-50s, married, father of one, grandfather of one, a horseman with a small farm, and who knows what else.

I'm the recent (relatively) purchaser of a 2005 Triton 21 TRx and you can read about that here: http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=156303.0

I'm still finding my way around, so be patient with me if I seem a little lost.

I don't(at present) fish tournaments or anything like that. I don't have time, and frankly, my skills are too poor. Maybe with time, and now that I have a boat, I can remedy the latter a little bit.

You'll probably spot me most in the Triton section, although I don't know if there's an Evinrude section, but you'll undoubtedly find me there occasionally too if it exists. (2005 ETEC 225)

Thanks to everybody who's already welcomed me, and to the board owners who put this place together. Already finding good info!

Mark

MarkAmerica

Captsteve

Welcome from DFW area

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

MarkAmerica

Thank you CaptSteve!

You're just a little ways North. Cool!

Donald Garner

MarkAmerica,

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here. 

I live over in Belton near Belton Lake.   I  fish Stillhouse Lake > Cedar Gap and lower Lampasas River section < and of course I fish Belton Lake also.

We'll have to hook up here soon. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

MarkAmerica

Donald,

Thanks! I'll definitely see you somewhere soon. I work in Belton. I usually put in at Stillhouse Park, though I've also put in at Union Grove. Years ago, I did a lot of bank-fishing right there at Union Grove.  Once in a while, would hook up a nice Smallie right off the point on the corner by the boat ramp. My biggest-ever fish came while fishing with a friend right there about 200 yds up the bank. She was a fat gal, that one.

Definitely will see you around somewhere soon. We'll have to get together. What kind of boat do you have? Being new to boating, I need all the tips I can get.

Thanks again!

Mark

D.W. Verts

Very cool Mark- welcome to the site!

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

zippyduck

Welcome to UB!!!!!!!!

Fd will be a great help on the Triton.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

MarkAmerica

He already has been! His awesome thread on his own build is an excellent resource. There's so much there, so much attention to detail, I really love the way he worked through it all. He's got serious skills to get that all done like that.

Thanks for the welcome. Much to learn here for a new boater like me

Mark

Donald Garner

Quote from: MarkAmerica on November 12, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
Donald,
Definitely will see you around somewhere soon. We'll have to get together. What kind of boat do you have? Being new to boating, I need all the tips I can get.

Thanks again!

Mark

Mark, I'll drop you a PM here soon reference a possible hookup.  I have a 2004 Stratos 285 PRO XL with a Yamaha 150 PRO V.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

MarkAmerica

Donald,

We went out today, launched from Union Grove, have the granddaughter with us for the weekend. We didn't go far, but we were stuck there coming back in as it looked like the PW guys and the Sheriff's deputies recovered a body from the water near that camping area at Union Grove.

They had the boat ramp blocked for about two-three hours.

We didn't catch anything but we had a good day on the water. I tooled around a little on the boat. Good times!

I'll definitely catch up with you. That's a nice looking Stratos! When we were launching, there was a couple launching in a Stratos next to us.

Mark

Quote from: Donald Garner on November 13, 2021, 08:34:50 AM
Mark, I'll drop you a PM here soon reference a possible hookup.  I have a 2004 Stratos 285 PRO XL with a Yamaha 150 PRO V.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: MarkAmerica on November 12, 2021, 03:30:03 PM
My biggest-ever fish came while fishing with a friend right there about 200 yds up the bank. She was a fat gal, that one.

The fish,  or your friend!  ;) ~shade lo

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

MarkAmerica

Definitely the fish. I've not seen Bob in years, but I'm thinking he'd skin me if he thought I'd referred to him as a fat ol' gal.

He called her something else: Hydrilla Gorilla.

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 13, 2021, 04:47:52 PM

The fish,  or your friend!  ;) ~shade lo