New Member from CNY

Started by Redleg79, March 29, 2023, 06:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redleg79

New member from Central NY (Broome County) here. 43, love to hunt, fish, ride SxS's, and spend quality time with my wife and kids. I found this place looking into old school soft bait colors. I actually make my own softbaits and was trying to remember some colors that I swore by years ago. With the kaleidoscope of colors in the bait aisles everywhere that only seem to catch fishermen  ~xyz I wanted to simplify it a bit and try to reduce the insane amount of rainbow'esque nonsense in my kits. Going back to making the basics with Pumpkin Seed, Motor Oil, Green Pumpkin, Black Grape, Chartreuse, Watermelon, Black, & White. Thanks for the welcomes in advance, I look forward to good conversations and good times.
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker
Love to Hunt, Fish, and trail ride.

bigjim5589

Welcome To UltimateBass! We're glad to have you join us!  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

This is the best group you'll find!  ;D

Since you're a tackle maker, post some of what you make in the Tackle Box forum. There's several folks here, including myself, who make various lures. I pour lead & also tie flies, but I certainly do enjoy seeing plastic baits that folks make and I'm sure others here will too!  ~gf
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Redleg79

Now that I have "MOST" of the injection & open pour molds that I need....I've been tossing around the idea of getting into the lead side of the street. I need to buy a comfy couch first.....cause thats where I'll be sleeping if I keep spending the way I have been.  ~roflmao
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker

bigjim5589

Yep, it can become an addiction making your own!  lo

I could have likely bought a very nice boat with all that I've spent over the years on molds & supplies!  ::)
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Donald Garner

Redleg79

Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here ~c~

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pat Dilling

I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

apenland01

I'm a fellow Redleg 13E.  Welcome to the board!

BassmanRudy

Welcome!! Looking forward to seeing your plastics and inputs for making em.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

topdsm0138

Welcome to UB! Army Engineer here!

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Redleg79

Quote from: apenland01 on March 30, 2023, 12:21:05 PM
I'm a fellow Redleg 13E.  Welcome to the board!
Ahhh, the TOC/POC. "FIRE MISSION"..... still hear you guys in my dreams lol.
ARMY Veteran (97-02)
Soft Bait Maker