Storage help

Started by lhcbassman, January 12, 2018, 09:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lhcbassman

So obviously I'm on a kayak and o need to pack light. I have a pretty good backpack for store and the only baits I have an issue with storing is spinner baits. I have Plano boxes but the seem to just end up bunched together and I have to untangle them more than I would like. Is there a better way of doing this or am I just doomed to untangle forever haha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

give a man a fish he eats for a day. But you teach a man to fish and his wife wont see him again.

TheLastRodBender

Quote from: lhcbassman on January 12, 2018, 09:27:34 AM
So obviously I'm on a kayak and o need to pack light. I have a pretty good backpack for store and the only baits I have an issue with storing is spinner baits. I have Plano boxes but the seem to just end up bunched together and I have to untangle them more than I would like. Is there a better way of doing this or am I just doomed to untangle forever haha.

Most manufacturers have some sort of storage systems designed just for this.  I have a small spinnerbait binder that's got the hooking system built into it to prevent tangles.  Falcon FTO is the brand (if i remember correctly) that I have but there are a bunch of brands out there.  Another option is something similar to a soft plastic storage system, that utilizes a ring style binder with zipper bag style inserts.  Cabela's has a couple this style and doing a quick google search for "Spinnerbait binder" popped up numerous options, most available at or under $20.

Bassinkorea

I used to use one of those zipped canvas type CD holders. One spinnerbait per page.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

lhcbassman

I never thought of that. I probably have 20 of those in a box somewhere with burned CDs from the early 2000's haha.

give a man a fish he eats for a day. But you teach a man to fish and his wife wont see him again.