Slobberknocker quick review

Started by BassmanRudy, February 20, 2023, 07:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassmanRudy

What a FUN word to say!! Props to Berkley for naming a bait that!

Paired it with a Yamamoto zako shad. The 1/2oz bait casts really well and blade starts thumping instantly upon retrieve. The thump isn't super strong but easily felt. Didn't get a chance with all the shoreline cover to try skipping it as that's one of my favorite things to do with one.

Pros-
-Crawled thru a lot of bottom grass well without getting snagged or fouled up.
-cast well and didn't tumble.
-skirt def smells! Could end up mattering on a strike.

Cons-
-skirt is a little "sticky/clingy". Doesn't pulse as much but I do usually trim my skirt back to the hook end and haven't on this bait yet. Def need to separate the strands upon opening.

Conclusion- seems like a good "bladed jig" that may work on a different frequency than others and draw bites. The powerbait skirt should be a positive.
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Starting to see a lot of these on rods around there. A different thump could be very good on highly pressured lakes and the flavored skirt could make a fish hang on just a bit longer. I miss a lot of chatter baits and this might just be the fix.

Do you think the skirt will last?

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

I don't think the power bait infused skirt will matter because a bladed jig is such a reaction bait.

I've got several different Slobberknockers in different colors and sizes. I haven't caught anything yet on them but it looks like a good bait with a different but distinct thump.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk