BASS SPAWN!!!!! It's...ON!

Started by artsy, May 15, 2007, 01:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artsy

Hey fella's,

I just want to let you guys know that if you fish Pueblo, Brush Hollow, Lathrop or really any of the warm water fisheries in the Southern part of the state, the Bass are SPAWNING!

I took some time off work last Wed. - Sun., and went to all three of the lakes I just mentioned, and the bass fishing was excellent.

I caught all of my fish using plastics and finesse fishing for them, but I bet small crankbaits and spinnerbaits would be effective too. I was fishing areas with heavy cover in about 5-15 feet of water. Most of the fish were really holding close to cover. I literally had to hit em in the head with the bait, but when I did......BAM!

Just thought I'd pass the information on........Good Luck!

joe4theavs

Hi Artsy,

Same around here in Metro area.  The fishing is hot right now.  I love pulling the worm right over their head or bumping them.  If they don't take then, they seem to spin back around and I twitch the line and boom!

Keep up the good work!
Time is never wasted, when your wasted all the time!

HogMaster

GO TO THE ARSENAL!!! ~gator And use these!!!  I promise you will have a great time!!

HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

Bob7830

Can anyone else see hogmaster's pic?  I'm headed to the Arsenal tomorrow and any tips would be greatly appreciated.

HogMaster

Yes it looks like to be in full in Aurora lakes!!!  Quincy is on fire and Aurora Smallies are starting up!!!!  Get them boys!!!
HOGS ARE MY BUSINESS!! AND BUINESS IS GOOD!

mkorpal

I'm going to be back in Denver this week and if I can get a few hours in the morning, I'll hit Quincy. It's been a long time since I've fished there, so it should be fun. Because it's been so long, you will need to remind me if fishing with senkos is legal there. I think they are ok, but since they are salted, I don't really know.