From UltimateBass Home Front (Belton, Texas) Dec 2023

Started by Donald Garner, December 01, 2023, 09:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

We have partly sunny skies across Central Texas on this 1st Day of Dec 2023  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 43-66dgrs with 68%humidity with a NE wind @ 8mphs.

:toot:  Can you believe it...December is here already  :surrender:   This year has just shot by so quick  ~shade

I had a quick breakfast sandwich of toast, butter & jelly with fried eggs with cheese and a sausage patty and a bottle of lemon water :food  ;PEP)

I got a light load of laundry going while eating breakfast and reading the morning news on-line.  Once the wife gets home from her morning workout classes we're off to the movies.  There is nothing else planned for today as of right now.

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day with us.  I hope the knee gets to feeling better and your bowling improves.

To everyone I hope this new month brings good health and much happiness to each of ya.  Be safe in your travels over the upcoming weekend. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Captsteve

The hour glass sands always seem to fall faster at the end of time

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Partly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 44-73dgrs with 45%humidity with a W wind @ 5mphs.  It's going to be a pretty nice day today.

Off to church here shortly and back home for lunch I think.  There's nothing planned for the rest of the day as of yet.  If the carpet dry on the Stratos I'll put the cover back on it.  If not then we'll wait a few more days.

We spent yesterday attending Christmas events in downtown Belton.  There were numerous vendors set up selling their goods.  The city put on it's annual Christmas Parade last night also which we attended for the first time.  It was a short parade maybe 30minutes long.  We stopped in Millers Smoke House for supper afterwards.  There's a few neighborhood that have already decorated their homes.  We took a drive through a couple and checked them out.  Some folks really go all out with the decorating.

Steve; Tks for stopping by.  Hope you and your family are doing well.  You been out catching any fish out of that new boat?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Captsteve

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 03, 2023, 08:44:14 AMGood morning to all,

Partly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 44-73dgrs with 45%humidity with a W wind @ 5mphs.  It's going to be a pretty nice day today.

Off to church here shortly and back home for lunch I think.  There's nothing planned for the rest of the day as of yet.  If the carpet dry on the Stratos I'll put the cover back on it.  If not then we'll wait a few more days.

We spent yesterday attending Christmas events in downtown Belton.  There were numerous vendors set up selling their goods.  The city put on it's annual Christmas Parade last night also which we attended for the first time.  It was a short parade maybe 30minutes long.  We stopped in Millers Smoke House for supper afterwards.  There's a few neighborhood that have already decorated their homes.  We took a drive through a couple and checked them out.  Some folks really go all out with the decorating.

Steve; Tks for stopping by.  Hope you and your family are doing well.  You been out catching any fish out of that new boat?

Hope everyone has a pleasant day today.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.
Been trying, family all good. Boughtan upgrade trolling motor, terrova iconnect with built in mega di transducer.  Also got an 8" mega di fishfinder for front deck. Merry Christmas to me.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Good morning to all,

Blue Bird Skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 40-63dgrs with 35%humidity with a NE wind @ 7mphs.

There aren't any pressing tasks being performed here today it's looks like an easy day  ~shade   I have some things to check out on-line and that will be for today.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant and relaxing day today.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   8)

It's another beautiful Fall Day across Central Texas this morning.  We have clear skies with forecasted temps of 39-69dgrs with 71%humidity and a NE wind @ 1mph   ~sun   It's a little on the chilly side right now but its going to warm up as the day goes on   ;)

Just finished eating breakfast and fixing to fire up the riding mowers.  I'm going to spent the morning cutting grass and trimming up the yard.  Once the wife gets home from her classes she's going to weed eat the flower beds for the Winter   ~sweat

:-*   Rest and relaxation will be on the schedule for the afternoon once the yard work has been completed.  I hope everyone has a really pleasant and relaxing day and evening ahead.

Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone   8)

Forecasted temps for across Central Texas today are 46-65dgrs with 38%humidity with an E wind @ 5mphs.  We have Blue Bird Skies with lots of sun out here this morning  ~sun

Ran to the post office early this morning to get the Grandkids Christmas Presents mailed out.  Stopped by the gas station and filled up the Dodge Ram with some diesel.  The price of fuel went up again  ???
Made a quick stop by the UPS store and checked our mail box the wife got a box in.

Breakfast this morning was done after getting back home and getting the laundry started.  I fixed some biscuits, tater tots, fried eggs, sausage patties and some butter & jelly.  I had a glass of orange juice to go with it  :food  ;PEP) 

We're off to do some grocery shopping later on here.  Other than that there is nothing else planned for the rest of the day.  I'll check on the carpet drying in the Stratos later on.  Hopefully it will be dry so I can put the cover back on it.

To everyone I hope y'all have a really pleasant and enjoyable day and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about.

Donald Garner

Good morning to all   ~shade

Partly sunny skies are covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 54-68dgrs with 63%humidity with a S wind @ 13mphs.

Not a lot going on today.  Later on this afternoon I'm putting the cover back on the Stratos.  I picked up the engine cover yesterday while shopping at at Academy. 

I hope everyone has a really pleasant day and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if your out and about.

Bud Kennedy

Bright sunny day today.  Low this morning was 28 and a lot of frost, temps today will reach the mid to upper 50s so all in all a bit chilly but not a show stopper.  Got storms predicted for the weekend with Sunday being the most stormy day with winds gusting to 35 and a fair amount of rain.  At least this comin Saturday and Sunday will see the temps return to the 70s.

Just a couple errands to do today and not much else.  Bowling is Friday afternoon.  Knee still doing fairly well but still will wear the brace while bowling.  I gotta tell you I am totally re-hooked on bowling and all my fishing stuff is kind of in the background until spring.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We have mostly sunny skies across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 39-69dgrs with 51%humidity with an W wind @ 10mphs.  There's a front moving into the area later on today which will cause the overnight temps to drop down into the mid 30's  :surrender:

Yesterday was a busy day with a trip over to the FT. Cavazos ID card bldg.  I had to get the wife's ID card renewed.  While there I found out that my ID had expired.  On the front of the Retired ID card it indicated INDEF.  On the back side it indicated EXPIRED @ age 65.  I was informed also that the OLD Retired ID cards will be terminated by 2025.  The government has come out with new ID cards for everyone. 

The new ID card looks nothing like the old one.  One of the Biggest Changes made is that your SSN# is no longer on the card.  Something else I found out yesterday also is that your SSN isn't being stamped on the Dog Tags anymore.  So we both have new ID cards  once my wife signs up for Medicare I have to take her back over there for an updated card.

After getting ID cards made the wife took me out to breakfast at Clems BBQ.  We had a nice breakfast.  Last night we drove down to Marble Falls and had supper and took in the Christmas Light Display.  They decorated the downtown river bank park with Christmas Lights.  It took about 10minutes or so to walk through the park checking out the displays.  We met with a family from Idaho that was visiting their kids there in Marble Falls. 

We stopped in the town of Burnet on the way home.  One of the churches there has a small city Replica of the city of Bethlehem setup.  They have individual dressed up the period of time of the Birth of Jesus.  They have all the little shops etc. It's pretty realistic looking.  Lots of people come each year to tour the place.   The link is below if you want to check it out.

We don't have anything really planned for today.  Guess there be some relaxation going on  ;)

Bud; Tks for stopping in and sharing the day.  Glad to hear that you're enjoying the new hobby. 

To everyone have a safe and pleasant weekend ahead.  Be safe in your travels if you have to be out on the road ways.     

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all    8) 

We have Blue Bird Skies across Central Texas today  ~sun  ~sun   It's a little on the chilly side here with forecasted temps of 33-55dgrs with 17%humidity with a NE wind @ 11mphs.   The week ahead is looking sunny with mid 40's for the lows and low 60's for the highs  ;)

Today is a relaxation day.  I attended church this morning and had lunch at home afterwards.  The wife fixed a Crispy Chicken Parmesan dish with green beans and corn  :food  ;PEP)    There is nothing planned except the occupation of the recliner with the remote control close at hand this afternoon   ~shade

I hope everyone has a really relaxing and pleasant afternoon and evening ahead.  Be safe in your travels if your have to be out.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

We have Blue Bird Skies all across Central Texas this morning  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 38-64dgrs with 41% humidity with a S wind @ 5mphs.  It's looking to be sunny most of the week with a chance of rain on Friday.

There is nothing planned for today.  I hope everyone had a relaxing and pleasant weekend.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to be out and about today.

Bud Kennedy

Cold front came through last night and it is cold and breezy this morning.  Temps this morning was 42 with a high today of about 50.  Yesterday at this time it was 70 but alas it is gone for a while. 

Mrs. is at Physical therapy this morning and the only errand I had to do was take a package to the UPS store to be returned to Amazon.  I was surprised how busy the store was.  Lots of folks shipping Presents for the holidays and a good number of folks returning stuff to Amazon.  The UPS store has a separate self serve counter for Amazon returns and it works just great without having to endure the lines.  I am returning the bowling shoes that I received on Friday.  They just did not measure up to what I wanted.  I have already ordered a replacement pair of bowling shoes.  I should have known better by buying shoes that just were not the best of their line.  I still ordered Dexter shoes but this time I got the good ones and I am sure they will measure up.

Donald Garner

Howdy from Belton, Texas  8)

Partly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 49-65dgrs with 53%humidity with an E wind @ 10mphs for today.  We're still looking good for the rest of the week with plenty of sun up till Friday.  We have a real good chance of rain for all day Friday.

Busy morning here for me.  I had my semi-annual dentist appointment at 8am.  My dentist is wanting to construct a bridge across the top center portion of my mouth.  Sound like lots of money being spent in the process.  The front office is going to put together a plan and cost and email it to me sometime this week. My last Implant I had done with the root canal the cost was around $3,000.00 dollars on my part.  My insurance paid the balance of the bill.  I'm just wondering how much a bridge is going to cost :-\

I did manage to get some of those $$$ back but the entire process took a year to complete. I had a lot of issues with that last dealing.  I had a couple infections and the healing process just took forever it seemed like.  If I decide to go ahead with this project it will be sometime this Summer maybe.

After my morning dentist appointment I had to get some lab work done at the VA hospital.  The lady that tried to draw my blood failed on 2 tries.  I have really deep veins and I always tell them that up front.  They usually double band my arm to get the veins to pop up.  Well she didn't and she wound up having to get another tech to do the blood draw.  He came in and got it done the first time. 

After the blood draw I stopped in the cafeteria for breakfast but they had quit serving it.  They were getting ready for lunch.  I missed out on the biscuits, gravy, hash browns and bacon this morning  :(   I stopped in at McDonalds on the way home for a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese; large fries and a Sprite  :food  ;PEP)  ;)   Stopped in HEB and filled the Ram up with diesel for the week  :surrender:

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day here.  Tomorrow I'll going to check on getting another boat cover for the G3.  That cover got destroyed also from the last wind storm.  This heat and hail storms have taken a toll on my boat covers this past year.  For sure the Stratos cover will get put on now that the carpet has completely dried.

Bud;  Tks for dropping in and sharing the day.  Good luck on getting those bowling shoes.  Doesn't the bowling lanes sell bowling shoes?  I know they rent them etc.  Just curious if they didn't have a brand they offered.  Hope your wife is still doing well with her recovery.

To everyone y'all have a pleasant afternoon and relaxing evening ahead.     

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  :)

The rain has shown up a couple days early.   Our forecast for today is rain showers with temps 46-55dgrs.  We have 44% humidity with an E wind @ 9mphs  ~rain   

Somewhat busy morning here.  I forgot to turn in my Medical Document yesterday during my lab visit.  After breakfast this morning I drove over to the VA Hospital and dropped off the document to the AG Clinic.  Beings I was out and about I stopped in at Academy Sports to pick up the new boat cover for the G3.  Once again they didn't have the right size cover in stock  ???

I had to stop at Walmart to pickup some items.   A quick run through the sporting good area I found the boat cover for the G3  ~c~      After checking out and on the way to the truck it started raining.  I was hoping it hadn't rained at home but when I got there it had been  >:(   So I'll have to wait till the carpet dries out on both boats before I put the covers on them.

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day due to the weather outside.  I'll tinker around on the computer for a bit and watch some tv later on.  I hope everyone has a good day today and your evening is a relaxing one. 

Be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about. 

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 29 headed to mid 40s, partly cloudy. This weather is driving me nuts, I wish it would get below 32, much easier on the arthritis. I have an appointment next Tuesday to get a handle on how many shots to get the back calmed down and schedule the injections.
Not much else going on, lot of cookies being baked.
Have a great day, be well.
Rodney

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  ~shade

We have mostly cloudy skies covering down across Central Texas today.  There's scattered rain showers moving through the area from the South   ~rain   Our forecasted temps for today are 52-64dgrs with 48%humidity with a NE wind @ 8mphs.

Not a whole lot going on here today.  I'll tinker around on the computer and move over to the recliner here shortly  ;)   

Here they are the Stratos and G3 drying out in the sun.  Hopefully the carpets will be dried out by this weekend.  I'd really like to get the covers on them.

Rodney; My good man hope you get to feeling better soon. Every now and then the arthritis in my hands acts up.  Other than that I'm feeling pretty good.  All these med's I'm taking for this kidney issue are slowly but surely working in the right direction so far.  I still have ya in my daily  prayers.  Hope you enjoy those cookies  :food

I hope everyone has a pleasant day and a relaxing evening ahead.

Bud Kennedy

Cool start to the morning at 30 and a NW Breeze and some light frost on the grass and rooftops.  Getting ready for Bowling league today and not much else.  My new bowling shoes arrived yesterday and might give them a try today to start the wearing in process for the sliding pads. 

Weather folks warning about a coastal storm this weekend with the main brunt of the storm on Sunday.  Gusting winds up to 60 are expected on the coast with lots of street flooding and the possibility of some power outages. First thing Saturday morning I will have to make sure that things in the yard are secure and put away until the storm passes.  I did not do any outdoor christmas decorating this year so at least I don't have to worry about stuff like that. The rain and some winds will continue into Monday morning. Went by the boat storage lot yesterday to make sure all was secure with the Ranger and all looks good.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone

Rain and more rain.... ~rain  We're forecasted for more rain throughout the day today with possible thunderstorms   ~shade   Our forecasted temps for across Central Texas today is 44-59dgrs with 81% humidity with a SE wind @ 10mphs.

There's a little house cleaning and laundry doing planned for today.  Other than that its going to be a relaxing afternoon. 

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day with us.  Good luck with the bowling and I hope the new shoes work out well for ya.  Hopefully that storm won't be too much and there won't be any damages occur.

To everyone have a really pleasant day ahead.  I hope your evening will be a relaxing one heading into the weekend.

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  :)

We have Blue Bird Skies covering down across Central Texas this morning  ~sun    Our forecasted temps for today are 35-63dgrs with 65%humidity with a NE wind @ 12mphs.  We got lots of sun in the upcoming 5 days  8)   With all this sun in the upcoming couple days I hope the Stratos and G3 carpets dry out.  I really want to get the covers back on before the cold weather front sets in.

Not a whole lot planned for today.  The wife and I are having lunch at B-Town Burgers and afterwards we're attending an event at the Beltonian Theater.  They are hosting a dueling panino concert event.  The rest of the evening I'll be glued to the tv taking in all these College Football Bowl Games.

I hope everyone has a really pleasant and relaxing weekend ahead.  Y'all be safe in your travels if you have to get out and about.   

Bud Kennedy

Storm prep has been completed and the property is secure.  Skies have now clouded up and the winds are just beginning to build.  Weather warnings indicate that about 3am Sunday will see the beginning of the rain with the heaviest coming about 2PM Sunday.  Just planning on a quiet day at home and keeping the powder dry.

Bad day on the lanes yesterday with a bit of a thumb problem.  Not a pleasant deal when bowling thats for sure.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to everyone  8)

Beautiful bright sunny day here in Central Texas today  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps are 43-72dgrs with 28%humidity with a S wind @ 9mphs.  The week ahead is looking really nice with lots of sun and the temps being > lows high 30's / highs mid 60's  ~c~

We went to church this morning and had lunch at our favorite Chinese Restaurant 'Dynasty' over in Temple   :food  ;PEP)     We stopped at the Cemetery on the way home to check on one of the wife's friends.   She hasn't heard anything from her son in several months.  We stopped by the gravesite to see if she's passed away.  The good news is she isn't buried there at her plot.  Hopefully the wife will hear something from her son soon.

I went and checked on the drying process on the Stratos and G3.  They're till drying out

The upper decks are all dry but the floors are still soaking wet :(   Hopefully by Wednesday the floors will be dry enough for me to get the covers back on them  ~shade

There is nothing else planned for the afternoon here except tinkering around on the computer and watching tv later on.

Bud; Tks for stopping by and sharing the day with us.  That is a nasty blister wound there on that thumb OUCH  :surrender:   Hope it heals up quickly.

To everyone hope your Sunday is going well for ya.  Be safe in your travels if you have to get out.

Bud Kennedy

Heavy rain most of today. Local flooding reported just about everywhere.  Weather service just issued a flash flood warning for the area.  Rain has stopped for a bit with more coming in about an an hour from now and then a final blast between 9 and 10 PM.  Back ditch is out out of its banks with water reaching within a couple feet of the house.  The water collection areas out front also flooded and the road was covered and standing water about half way up the front yard and driveway.  With this break in the rain all the areas around the house are draining nicely and returning back within their banks.  We did not get the real heavy winds as predicted but some gusts up to 35 were recorded locally.  I see my neighbors had some flag damage and a slight re arrangement of their Christmas decorations.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Blue Bird Skies with lots of sun is covering down across Central Texas today  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for today are 39-65dgrs with 39%humidity with a NE wind @ 12mphs.  We have a chance of rain moving into the area on Thursday and Friday  ~shade

Not real busy here this morning, I made a run to the post office picked up a package my daughter send to us for her cat we're watching.  Stopped in Walmart on the way home for some sodas and bananas.  The rest of the day I'll be siting here waiting on the Electricians to come and check our garbage disposal.  Friday it decided to stop working.   I think it's the wall switch that is bad or the electrical outlet it's plugged into.  Anyway they'll suppose to be here between 3pm & 5pm.  The joys of Home Ownership  :surrender:

Bud; Tks for the update glad to hear your property wasn't damaged by the wind etc.  You made a stop and checked on your Ranger?

To everyone hope your day is going well for ya.  Be safe and have a relaxing evening when you get home.

Donald Garner

Good afternoon to all,

Its another beautiful bright sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun  ~sun   Our forecasted temps for across the area are 49-64dgrs with 33%humidity with a SE wind @ 10mphs.  We now have chances of rain for the upcoming weekend ahead  ~shade   With this weather forecast I got at least one more day of drying the carpets in the Stratos and G3 boats.

Busy morning here for me.  After breakfast I cleanup the breakfast dishes and got them all put away.  Stopped at the ATM machine pickup some cash and went and got a haircut.  Beings I was in the area where my wife gets her nails done I picked up a Christmas Gift Card for her along with a Christmas Card from the Spa.  Made the final stop at Walmart to pickup some items before heading home.

There is nothing planned for the rest of the day here except relaxation  ;)   I hope everyone has a really pleasant afternoon and evening ahead.