Road to Guntersville 2019

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 03, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on May 24, 2019, 01:54:29 PM
Let me tell you a story about the Guntersville Rally.  For those of us who have attended in the past, we can  attest that the history has been for a group of friends get together for a few days and party a bit.  Your milage may vary depending upon your age.   lo

You will find that there will be some drinking, you will find there will be some pranks and you will find that there will be some fishing.  People will send texts lying about their catches and there will not be a whole lot of sleeping each day.  You will see that it is truly a get together with people who are friends even if they have never met.  The conversations are real and one of the highlights of the outing.  Those front porch chat rooms are the best.  Everything that happens will take place in good kinda clean fun.  Ultimate Bass folks truly are family and it will stand out big time at the rally.   

If you want to have a nice time, with no pressure and just fun and bragging rights this is the best rally you will ever attend.  The food will be great and the stories will become the legends of the years ahead.  Who knows there might even be a record number of moons over Guntersville this year.  You will also have the advantage of having some chats with some of the most knowledgeable anglers on Ultimate Bass.

Described PERFECTLY!  ~c~  But you left out the part about LMG gonna be there too...hell, I don't blame ya  ~roflmao  ~roflmao  ~beer~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Bud Kennedy

Lee you are right.  LMG is a wealth of knowledge if you want to talk reels.  He stays mostly coherent even after drinking all afternoon and all night.  Try to talk to him before he falls down.

Lee Smith

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on May 24, 2019, 02:21:33 PM
Lee you are right.  LMG is a wealth of knowledge if you want to talk reels.  He stays mostly coherent even after drinking all afternoon and all night. Try to talk to him before he falls down.

~roflmao  ~beer~  ~roflmao  ~beer~

EPIC!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on May 24, 2019, 02:21:33 PM
Lee you are right.  LMG is a wealth of knowledge if you want to talk reels.  He stays mostly coherent even after drinking all afternoon and all night.  Try to talk to him before he falls down.

~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

merc1997

still getting practiced up.  toby is too.

bo

On Heaven's Lake

zippyduck

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Bud Kennedy

Rangerman, (Boots Beasley) is seriously thinking that he would like to attend the Rally.  After I described the event to him, he feels it is right up his alley.

zippyduck

OK seriously is there anything I need to bring.

Tackle  :help:

Food ~die~

How is the weather in October? ~sun ~rain

I hate to be unprepared, not like I can prepare for an event like this.  lo

Princeton_Man

Quote from: zippyduck on May 30, 2019, 07:45:13 PM

Food ~die~

Your ham BBQ!
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

zippyduck

LgMouthGambler

Advil. Lots and lots of Advil. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Enjoying the new porch. Especially to pee  lo

BeerMe

caddyjoe77

Quote from: zippyduck on May 30, 2019, 07:45:13 PM

Food ~die~

Tackle: swimbait, jig, punch setup, frog, beaver, trash bomb weights and regular weights, whopper plopped, spook, pop-r, shakeyhead

Weather is usually decent. Sometimes it's that "fall blowing in" weekend.  Bring rain gear, sweatshirts in case.

BeerMe

zippyduck

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on June 01, 2019, 03:02:26 PM
Tackle: swimbait, jig, punch setup, frog, beaver, trash bomb weights and regular weights, whopper plopped, spook, pop-r, shakeyhead

Weather is usually decent. Sometimes it's that "fall blowing in" weekend.  Bring rain gear, sweatshirts in case.
Thank you Joe.
Have all but punch set up. Will have it by then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

caddyjoe77

Quote from: zippyduck on June 01, 2019, 08:37:33 PM
Thank you Joe.
Have all but punch set up. Will have it by then.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

might want to get some underspin hooks for the swimbaits.  The ones I use are Owner "flashy".  Come in plenty of sizes and weights.  And, shockingly, they are pretty weedless for having the underspin.  Plus, relative to other underspins (cough...fish head Im looking right at you....) they are inexpensive.
BeerMe

Wizard

Jigs, Football heads, swim jigs and bombs. In the day, punch jigs were called "bombs". Also, large 8-10 inch grubs match the October forage if you ho offshore. Bring good, strong hooks for G-ville's large bass.

Wizard

Bud Kennedy

Might also recommend some Pro Z Frogs.  The color Scooby Do has been the go to for the past couple years if you believe color makes a difference.  Choose both popping frogs as well as regular style frogs.  Good bait that by the way keeps the water out of their inside.  Very durable. 

A large grass mat full of popping bream is a terrible thing to waste.  Love froggin on a busy mat

zippyduck

Thanks guys,

I have plenty of frogs, jigs and swimbaits.  May have to pick up some underspins.

Lee Smith

Alrite biotches, I know y'all all skared bout dis trip, ifn' i wuz y'all, i wuld be tow. 

put yo big gal panties on and get yoself raddy fer the woopin' and take it lak a man, er girl...

zip, you don't ferget to brang ya spinnin rod thang wif sum a that yankee line on er' that way youin' can catch sum brums we can ate... ;)  ;D

zippyduck

I am going to need an interpreter for this trip.  :-\

LgMouthGambler

Lee Smith

y'all kant red plane angleesh?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lee Smith on June 06, 2019, 03:37:11 PM
y'all kant red plane angleesh?

Ill try again later after I have a few drinks.  lo

caddyjoe77

Quote from: zippyduck on June 06, 2019, 09:28:54 AM
I am going to need an interpreter for this trip.  :-\

That's where jonboy comes in.

However, I wouldn't recommend you listen much or you'll end up smelling like watermelon and lemon—that's what he left in the bathroom 😂😂. Maybe the ghost scared it outta him??
BeerMe