A Weapon Should Eat

Started by Mike Cork, November 26, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWBryan

I understand all about that. Used to be you could get Winchester white box at chinamart,check bass pro as they have good deals from time to time.
Enjoy yourself now,for you'll be a long time dead.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 05, 2020, 04:24:09 PM
I have but I just don't have the room. I don't have a garage and all the shed/spare closets in the house are crammed with fishing gear LOL

For bigger handgun rounds like .357/.38 you can handload in a very small area. Years ago I used to handload .357 back when that was all I had. I kept my dies, powder, bullets, brass, primers, mallet, and all in a canvas bag. I'd usually use the kitchen counter and a bar stool. It was much slower than using a press but the rounds were very consistent. It was a great way to relax and take my mind off all the other stuff.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Sandman7925

Some of that old surplus stuff can be very "dirty" and require a good cleaning afterwards.
Aside from that there i avoid extreme dangerous game ammo. I have 5 45/70 rifles. Long story short someone gave me a box of buffalo bore ammo once.  I didn't realize it then buy their ammo comes rated, essentially from normal all the way to safe to only be fired from a ruger #1 or marlin 1895. I fired one round and when I left the range I left the box of ammo sitting on the table. Insane ammo that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Cork

Quote from: Princeton_Man on February 05, 2020, 04:53:51 PM
For bigger handgun rounds like .357/.38 you can handload in a very small area. Years ago I used to handload .357 back when that was all I had. I kept my dies, powder, bullets, brass, primers, mallet, and all in a canvas bag. I'd usually use the kitchen counter and a bar stool. It was much slower than using a press but the rounds were very consistent. It was a great way to relax and take my mind off all the other stuff.

Dad give me his kit for the .357 when I picked up the revolver. As a kid I would sit and do loads for him. Maybe I need to get the boys into it :-* (very supervised)

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Mike Cork on February 06, 2020, 10:30:41 AM
Dad give me his kit for the .357 when I picked up the revolver. As a kid I would sit and do loads for him. Maybe I need to get the boys into it :-* (very supervised)
I can see it now... "Hey Malichi, let's see what happens if we fill it up with powder". lo
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Yep, exactly....

If this much makes a small boom.... Let's try this much :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

I'll have to take inventory as well. They'll sneak powder and I can see Thermite style explosions in the back yard.

Cork's Reel Service

TWBryan

If you decided to get into reloading I would suggest that you can get a bare-bones Dillon RL 550 for about $300. After that just add on parts and pieces. Reloading is an investment though.
Enjoy yourself now,for you'll be a long time dead.

Mike Cork

Quote from: TWBryan on February 06, 2020, 01:29:19 PM
If you decided to get into reloading I would suggest that you can get a bare-bones Dillon RL 550 for about $300. After that just add on parts and pieces. Reloading is an investment though.

I'll do some digging, but in reality with BPS and Academy sports having sales I can get paper killers pretty cheap so investing in reloading would probably take a while to pay for it's self :-*

Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

Oh the memories of Dad and I using the Lee Loader in the kitchen to load our shotgun shells, Mom just rolled her eyes and went to another room. We poured our lead sinkers in the kitchen also, the stove was good for more than cooking. lo lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 07, 2020, 08:19:49 AM
Oh the memories of Dad and I using the Lee Loader in the kitchen to load our shotgun shells, Mom just rolled her eyes and went to another room. We poured our lead sinkers in the kitchen also, the stove was good for more than cooking. lo lo
Rodney
  My dad taught me how to reload a shotgun she'll at our kitchen table. It was also the work area for making homemade Lures out of clothespins and the plastic lip tips from his small cigars.

Damn, I miss that man.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire