Your Favorite Lake in Tennessee

Started by Andrew, November 15, 2006, 01:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

My favorite lake is Lake Chickamauga on the Tennessee river. I've spent 23 years fishing this lake and i've learned many of her secrets and also i live right on it so that helps alot. Its had some great tourneys over the years including a BASS Master Classic..

Lakeshore Marina

www.lsmarina.com

The home of trouble free boating...

5600 Lake Resort Terrace

Chattanooga, Tennessee, 37415

423-870-2000

Near Chickamauga Dam at Marker

471 Tennessee River

Eric Peterson - Marina & Sales Manager

Everyone talks about rock these days; the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards

Lenny16

My favorite and closest to where I live is Boone lake. I have fished on it alot and caught some nice fish. There are 3 other lakes within an hour or so of here that are great also.

Sonny's Marina
Mickii and Doug Carter
109 One Street
Gray, TN 37615

Marina Phone: 423-282-9440
Runabout Cafe: 283-4014
Fax: 423-282-5478
http://www.sonnysmarina.com

kmdy99

Probably have to lean toward Watauga lake. Can be tough as nails at times, but can get hurt on those smallies in December / January not to mention a little walleye fishing in the spring.

Fish Springs Marina
191 Fish Springs Road
Hampton, TN 37658
423-768-2336
http://www.fishspringsmarina.com

MrBass

Without a doubt mine is Reelfoot Lake.
It's not a bassboat kinda lake though. Bring a johnboat with a 10 hp and dont lock the engine down so it can "ride"over the stumps. I alway's bring a spare prop too. But the fishing can super for Largemouths and Crappies..Headed there again in about 69 day's to fish the annual Reelfoot Lake buddy Bass tournament. And we'll try and squeeze in at least a few hours for the Crapppies.
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day,
Teach a man to fish and he will be in your spots every weekend..

Barry Nelson

I live on the cumberland, I fish old hickory and J percy priest

Roba22

Lets see....  South Holston is a wonderful Lake with some huge Smallies, but it can be a real hard lake to figure out sometimes. Dale Hallow has everything I love from good deer hunting to some of the biggest smallies in the world. But I just don't get to fish it as much as I would like.  I used to live like 10 minutes from Boone lake but it gets fished so much and the traffic on that lake can get out of hand.  So after thinking long and hard I would have to say that my favorite lake would be Cherokee Lake.  Its a pretty big lake, and you can find just about anything except weeds.  I have fished it the most in my life, and have done pretty good in some TX on that lake.   It's a lake that I can go out on at any time of the year and catch fish on.   From the river end ( Rogersville, TN.) to the Dam (Morristown TN.) Now that I live in the Chattanooga area I don't get to fish that lake anymore so I better learn these down here better!  ;D   
There's Nothing BIGGER Than The Heart Of A VOLUNTEER  Go VOLS!!

HillbillyRock

I am going to have to say Douglas. I fish it alot and also like Cherokee lake alot too. If anyone ever need s any tips on these lakes just let me know I will help if I can.
Go Fast Or Come In Last!

shobbs007

My fav is Old Hickory. Suits my style of fishing. OH was a bear last year, but hopefully things will turn around soon.

TritonD

My favorite lake in Tn is Loudon and Watts Bar.  However, my most favorite lake and I wish it were in TN is Weiss Lake.  Can't beat it year in year out; anytime of the year.  You are as likely to catch a 6# LM, 4 spot as you are a 1# LM.

That's my story and I am sticking with it!!

TritonD
David Howard
<"{{>< Gone fishin!! ><}}">

optaylor823

I would have to say Old Hickory for the big lakes. I use to fish it a lot, but then figured out what I had in my back yard. I know fish TWRA lakes and the rivers.

GLOCKMEISTER

Kentucky Lake of course, its the biggest and best.... period!
Im the gun guy that loves to fish.....

Phillip Arrington
Goodlettsville Gun Shop
602 S. Main St
Goodlettsville Tn 37072
615-859-8822

www.goodlettsvillegunshop.com

MERCISDAMAN

So far its been Lake Barkley and the Cumberland out here in Dover. Many many bass so far this season and it aint even May.

[attachment deleted by admin]

c-rig-man

old hickory and percy preist i know both lakes like the back of my hand

Kyp

Well,
I have to say Beech Lake, Lexington TN.
Haven't been there in many years, but I remember my relatives taking me there.
They also own Beech Lake Marine.

God Bless,
Kyp
=============================================
-.-  -..  .....  -  -  --..
EM41
=============================================
God Bless All & Good Fishing

fishhead446

Well I will have to stay local and say Watauga,South Holston and Boone are my best lakes.  They are very hard to tame but when you catch a fish it is a big one wheather it be a Walleye or Bass or anyother fish. I see there are a few on here from the tri-cities also,that is a good thing to see.
Richard

bassindude

Great thread.  fished Old Hickory a lot during the 2 years i lived there and loved it.   I have fished Reelfoot since i was 5 years old and it will always be the most special lake in this world to me.  Those of you who have been there know what i mean.
Jim ><///'>><///'>

eaglestrike09

My Fav Lake is Percy Priest cause its just minutes away.  I put my canoe out at Lamar Hill boat ramp and fish
the cove there between Lamar Hill and Fate Sanders.

Rodger164

Thanks and Good Fishing

whj812

Norris lake here.... I know I know...... :)  Its my home waters, what can I say?   ~fff

cohutta77

I love to fish a lake west of Paris, TN everyone calls Five Finger lake.  I've caught some really nice bass out there over the years. Biggest so far this year is a 7 1/2 pounder. I also love to fish Kentucky lake of course.

tclouse1

im definitely gonna have to say ky lake...absolutely love it out there...ive fished out there all my life and my uncle Mike Terry caught the flw one day stringer record out there.
When you have tried so hard you just want to give up, you are closer than ever to achieving your goal.

tclouse1

Quote from: bassindude on July 06, 2009, 04:33:00 PM
Great thread.  fished Old Hickory a lot during the 2 years i lived there and loved it.   I have fished Reelfoot since i was 5 years old and it will always be the most special lake in this world to me.  Those of you who have been there know what i mean.

AGREED!...i live about 20 minutes from Reelfoot and i absolutely love it out there as well....i do more duck hunting out there than i do fishing though...i have caught some nice fish in there!
When you have tried so hard you just want to give up, you are closer than ever to achieving your goal.

Basshunterden89

I'm new at this. I kinda need a ill help knowing what to do. I'm trying to gather tips and help fishing on Boone lake. I'm 24 years old. Married with a baby on the way and my wife is wanting to get into bass fishing with me. But so far every trip this year has been a fail. I don't have a boat so I'm bank fishing. Any help or tips will be great full . And Boone lake is my favorite lake to fish.

Bigwrench

South Holston for me !!  Never fished Boone which is crazy cause its like 15 minutes or so from my camper but its on my list this year for sure.  Fishings been tough with the crazy water fluctuations and cold temps but Soho is turning on now and I would bet my last pack of Action Airetail Worms that Boone is about ready as well. 
Stop by the Garage and let me know if you have Maintenance issues that you need assistance with.

88evinrude

my home waters is old hickory lake but my favorite is lake barkely especially dyers creek it is full of the buck brush plus it is great for flippin and pitchin jigs
the boat:Triton TR17 with Yamaha v4 and jackplate. the tow rig 02 Jeep gc Limited 4.7 4x4.

fishandkamp

I reside in Maryland but each year I "live" in Tennessee on vacation for a week.  It is hard to choose a favorite lake since Center Hill gave me a 7 pound Kentucky spot, my pb.  However I have consistently caught more 4 t o6 pound smallies on Dale Hollow.  I guess I love both.  Next year I hope to spend two weeks on vacation one at Cherokee and one on Dale Hollow. ~fff

Lipripper

Quote from: fishandkamp on June 18, 2016, 09:16:36 AM
I reside in Maryland but each year I "live" in Tennessee on vacation for a week.  It is hard to choose a favorite lake since Center Hill gave me a 7 pound Kentucky spot, my pb.  However I have consistently caught more 4 t o6 pound smallies on Dale Hollow.  I guess I love both.  Next year I hope to spend two weeks on vacation one at Cherokee and one on Dale Hollow. ~fff
Hello and welcome to Ultimate Bass when you have time would you stop by here
Let Us Get To Know You  and introduce yourself to all the nice folks around here. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet