Hapcheon Lake 13 Feb 2021

Started by Nardecchiad, February 19, 2021, 12:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardecchiad

Fished Hapcheon lake from the bank. Stayed at a pension right near the dam. It was windy and cold and i struggled to get a bite for four hours the night i arrived. Fished another three hours in the morning in the cold with a light rain with a jig, rattle trap, and a drop shot. Decided to give an a rig a try, my third cast I got my first bass of 2021 and first fish on an a-rig.  I plan on trying Andong Lake this weekend from the bank but I have no idea where to go, Im just going to scout it out the first day and see what happens.

Bassinkorea

Thanks for the report, and congrats on the catch.

If I were you I would stick with Hapcheon. Hapcheon always fishes well in the winter month and is on fire right now with a bunch of guys catching size and numbers of bass. Andong is not fishing well at all. Last weekend I heard of only one bass being caught ALL weekend. I fished for 3 days straight and didn't even get a bite.
Andong should start picking back up mid to late March.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on February 19, 2021, 12:40:46 AM
Thanks for the report, and congrats on the catch.

If I were you I would stick with Hapcheon. Hapcheon always fishes well in the winter month and is on fire right now with a bunch of guys catching size and numbers of bass. Andong is not fishing well at all. Last weekend I heard of only one bass being caught ALL weekend. I fished for 3 days straight and didn't even get a bite.
Andong should start picking back up mid to late March.

Thanks so much for the info!! I got a hotel already, the wife wants to see a few things up that way so fishing sessions will be short. Ill let you know if I luck into any. Was the water super high on that lake right now or can i get bank access from what you saw?

Bassinkorea

The water is still quite high, about 3 meters below full pool, so bank access will be a challenge, but there is always places that are accessible if you look hard enough. I have never fished from the bank there, so I can't be much help on areas other than around the main ramp area at the JuJin bridge area.

I was going to go this weekend, but due to the way it's fishing I decided to give it a miss. I'll probably start heading up there in March.
The water temps at Andong last weekend were around the 5c / 40f mark, while Hapcheon is usually a few degrees warmer than Andong.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on February 19, 2021, 12:59:27 AM
The water is still quite high, about 3 meters below full pool, so bank access will be a challenge, but there is always places that are accessible if you look hard enough. I have never fished from the bank there, so I can't be much help on areas other than around the main ramp area at the JuJin bridge area.

I was going to go this weekend, but due to the way it's fishing I decided to give it a miss. I'll probably start heading up there in March.
The water temps at Andong last weekend were around the 5c / 40f mark, while Hapcheon is usually a few degrees warmer than Andong.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sure will and thanks again. Just happy the ice is pretty much gone and I can start fishing again!!

Bassinkorea

There were still a few patches of ice floating around at Andong last weekend  :blue

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Nardecchiad on February 19, 2021, 01:07:44 AM
Sure will and thanks again. Just happy the ice is pretty much gone and I can start fishing again!!

How did yo got on, did you get any fishing in?