July 2015 FL Bragging Rights BS Thread

Started by Capt. BassinLou, June 30, 2015, 03:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Back by popular demand, because Lord knows some of you love to talk  ^-^.... ~roflmao

In case you are new. This page was created for BR participants to: share, chat, discuss, and/or just BS in regards to our fishing experiences through out the month. The other BR page is mainly for: Declarations, Catch Submissions and Weekly Leader Board. Please keep conversations to minimum on that page. We all appreciate that. ;)

Lastly, we are 3 months out for our 2nd annual FL Bragging Rights Classic. All FLBR participants and spouses are welcome. This is my favorite part of the year. We get to have a meet and greet and have a 2 day tournament to boot, Bragging Rights style!!  I am especially looking forward to the Tournament this year because I have a certain score to settle with a certain someone....  lo...  ;)

Our Classic will be held at Grape Hammock, Lake Kissimmee, on Saturday and Sunday Oct 3rd and 4th 2015.  I will like to get an idea on who will be attending this year early so that we can plan this event accordingly. Boaters and Non-boaters are welcomed.

Deadeye

I'd love to attend the Classic again this year.

It really depends on what happens with my Daughter. She is pregnant with her 1st and she is having Twin Boys!!!! She is supposed to be due Mid-October but as big as she is getting and having a few complications we doubt she will make it that far. If she delivers before the Classic I might be able to make it, but if she is still getting close I will have to pass so I can be there when the Boys come.

If I know in time I will book a cabin, if not maybe if someone has a Spare Bed I can get in late and share the cost.

After all I DO have a TITLE to defend.

Deadeye

For you newer Guys, here is the Thread from last year's Classic. Lots of Pics and BS'ing. Got a little, say we say, mean at the end but the first several pages are pretty cool.

The 1st Day was beautiful but a Major Cold Front moved in on Saturday Night and the fishing completely changed. Water got rough and the wind was blowing hard, not to mention the temps dropped like a rock and it was downright cold on Sunday.

Hope everyone can make it this year, it really is a great time. Group Cookout for dinner on Saturday Night.

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=119096.0

CountBassula

, , ,

West6550

Lol nice Count lol

I would love to attend but I am not sure at this point.  In the process of possibly changing jobs so I might be unavailable in October.

Good luck everybody! Except Lou and Fred lol

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on July 01, 2015, 01:30:06 PM
Lol nice Count lol

I would love to attend but I am not sure at this point.  In the process of possibly changing jobs so I might be unavailable in October.

New job?!?! Still in law enforcement?

CountBassula

Lol nice Count lol

good luck!

i changed jobs in March; now i work at DataCore as senior software developer, and loving it!!! but during the whole process I was MIA...
, , ,

Capt. BassinLou

Lol nice Count lol

What?!?! Where's the love?? I can understand Fred.....  ~roflmao

Deadeye

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 01, 2015, 06:05:58 PM
What?!?! Where's the love?? I can understand Fred.....  ~roflmao

Hey! What the heck????lo

FD

I'll be at the Classic this year.  Probably not staying a Grape but fishing both days.  That is my home water and I will be there to defend my turf!
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

West6550

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 01, 2015, 01:37:21 PM
New job?!?! Still in law enforcement?
Actually no, still debating.  I just became a trainer and I am liking it so far. However, being home on time and the possibility to make more money sounds amazing.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on July 01, 2015, 08:20:05 PM
Actually no, still debating.  I just became a trainer and I am liking it so far. However, being home on time and the possibility to make more money sounds amazing.
Cool... what type of trainer?

Deadeye

Hope it works out for the best for you whatever you decide.

Pferox

Well, well, congratulations West, keep it up and you will become undersheriff real soon.

Based on my experience, Polk County had about the best benefits and decent pay for public service, even when compared to the private sector. 

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito" - African Proverb.  Jim

West6550

Quote from: Pferox on July 02, 2015, 01:02:40 AM
Well, well, congratulations West, keep it up and you will become undersheriff real soon.

Based on my experience, Polk County had about the best benefits and decent pay for public service, even when compared to the private sector.
Maybe 10 years ago lol

Lou I train new cops working patrol.

CountBassula

Quote from: West6550 on July 02, 2015, 09:20:13 AM
Maybe 10 years ago lol

i bet wife must be happy; it sounds like a less dangerous job right?
, , ,

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on July 02, 2015, 09:20:13 AM
Maybe 10 years ago lol

Ah... cool... best of luck. Try to make it to the classic if you can.

CountBassula

OK, time for some humor  lo

THIS ONE IS FOR YOU GAMBLER!

, , ,

Lipripper

Count  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao love them pictures. I have a question for y'all Fl Boys. How do y'all get them fish to stay still long enough to poss while y'all are trying to measure them. Mine keep jumping before I can take their  ;PHO)  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 11:41:43 AM
Count  ~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao love them pictures. I have a question for y'all Fl Boys. How do y'all get them fish to stay still long enough to poss while y'all are trying to measure them. Mine keep jumping before I can take their  ;PHO)  lo lo

Lip, sometimes the fish cooperate and sometimes they can be camera shy.

ccr425

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 11:41:43 AM
I tell them that I'll let them go if I can snap a couple of pics.  ;D

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2015, 12:57:59 PM
Lip, sometimes the fish cooperate and sometimes they can be camera shy.
All of the ones I've caught must be camera shy. lo lo I put the tape on them and get the measurement but when I go to take their picture they jump right off. lo ;D I don't want to keep them out of the water to long so after trying twice I put them back.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on July 02, 2015, 01:10:22 PM
All of the ones I've caught must be camera shy. lo lo I put the tape on them and get the measurement but when I go to take their picture they jump right off. lo ;D I don't want to keep them out of the water to long so after trying twice I put them back.

If they are not the cooperating type. Place your hand on them, making sure you don't block the measurement.

Capt. BassinLou

Usually the shorter fish, like under 17" are the spunky type. The bigger fish do not flop around as much unless you leave them out too long. Fortunately with 2.5 yrs of practice with this style of competition I have the fish back in the water in under 1 min.

Lipripper

Quote from: ccr425 on July 02, 2015, 01:10:11 PM
I tell them that I'll let them go if I can snap a couple of pics.  ;D
I tried that too but they didn't go for it. Must be a Yankee fish thing.  lo lo

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 02, 2015, 01:14:11 PM
If they are not the cooperating type. Place your hand on them, making sure you don't block the measurement.
That part I get but I was wondering about the full fish picture that would go on the front of a BASS Mag. lo lo