SJHT NEWTON Lake Club Results Sat. 07-18-2020

Started by BigNasty06, July 19, 2020, 09:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: NEWTON LAKE, Collingswood, NJ
Date: Sat. July 18, 2020
Time: 5:30am-1:30pm
Weather: Hot and Humid 78 degrees out the door with No breeze.  Turning into a scorcher of a  95 Degrees with Blue bird Skies   
Water Temps: Steady 82 Degrees up to 85 Degrees in main body
Water Clarity: About 1.5' down.
Wind Gust: 5-10 MPH
Best Lure:  Finesse plastic baits, worms, & crankbaits
Depths fished: 3'~5'
Limit: 3 Bass 

----------------------------------------------
Round 5 of the SJHT 2020 Season with a Change in Venue from the SALEM CANAL due to the shut down of some WMAs bodies of waters and newly posted signs along Rt. 40 Eastbound and Westbound of the OLD Ramp.  Don't even get me Started

So NEWTON Lake is what it is!!!

First off, I would like to Congratulate Al "The Joker" Coppolino on his final retirement from Camden County.  Best wishes on your move to Vermont.  As one of the longest standing members of SJHT bass fishing club and even before me, you've always had a sense of humor, provided some guidance on the ins and out of the inner workings of local elected officials, and at times caught Bass.  Thanks for being you and best of luck back in the Promise Land of "Lake Champlain".

Lets go!!!!

What would a trip to Newton Lake be without some unforeseen weed growth, almost disabling trolling motors and creating heavy battery drain in trying to navigate past the White Horse Pike heading southward towards the Black Horse Pike.  This was RIDICUOLOUS!!!

Image of Bill and Janeen....not wanting to venture any farther.

More images to follow.....

Saturday, SJHT had 15 members came out to do battle on our 5th official tournament of the 2020 season.

Having our sights originally planned for the CANAL, anglers once again were not too happy with the change of venue but with the short notice whathca gonna do!

Without further adieu, please give a big congrats  to 2nd week in a row winner Mike *I'm going to Disney World* Del Monico for 1st place. with 3 Bass going 6.42lbsRob *Ram1212* M.  took 2nd Place and Lunker with 3 Bass going 6.05lbs.  His Lunker went 3.25lbs.  3rd Place was won by Dennis *Jiggen Den* T.  with 3 Bass going 5.72lbsMiscelleneous was won by Bill *The Hammer* L.  with a dedcent 3.64lb Catfish!

NEWTON LAKE TALE OF  TAPE:

Mike's 1st Place Bag:

Rob's 2nd Place and Lunker winner:

Dennis *JIggen Den* T.  3rd Place winner:

Bills L. Miscelleneous Winner 3.64lb Catfish:

Other Anglers Bags of Bass:
Bills L. Keepers:

Bryson S. Keepers:

Moe's Keepers:

Al's Last NJ Bass keeper....oh poor you going to CHAMPLAIN:

Some random thought images:

Bonus Video Footage with sound trolling through the MUCK!!!

Summary:  NEWTON Lake today was tough for most anglers.
Between making the decision to dredge through the muck or head left of the boat ramp somewhat showed the winning results.  Hint...Hint.   In any case, the current state of the lake is scarily off.  Not sure ifs it's just seasonal.  The lack of a winter with no weed die off....or the recent Hot Temperatures with barely a trace of rain.  If I had of unknown, I would of just randomly through the Maurice River out there as an option. I personally caught Bass, but they were under the 12" min.  Some anglers were able to cull but not by much. 

In All, 10 out of 15 SJHT Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.   There were a total of 25 Bass caught overall.    This was 1 more Bass caught than our time down at D.O.D. Laker.  Newton Lake Bass gave way to total of 40.78lbs caught overall. This was 4.74lbs more than last week.

The avg. weight came out to be 1.63lbs.  7 Anglers caught at least there 3 Bass Limit.  1 angler caught at least 2 Bass.  Great club overall turnout in spite of the 2nd week in a row change in fishing locations.

Congrats to Mike, Rob, Jiggen Den, and Misc. winner Bill L. on your performanaces.

Next up is MERCER LAKE in less than 1 week.

Tightlines,
BN06