Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

Well part of my order showed up. Chartreuse is a good color for me.  :)

LgMouthGambler

Those are some killer baits. I like storms stuff.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: SteveTX on October 13, 2017, 08:14:01 PM
Well part of my order showed up. Chartreuse is a good color for me.  :)

Those look nice!

How does that self tuning thing work?
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

caddyjoe77

tackle warehouse order came in friday.  Waiting on my moaner hooks order.....  lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on October 14, 2017, 10:42:48 PM
tackle warehouse order came in friday.  Waiting on my moaner hooks order.....  lo
Did you get a Lews reel?

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: rickdelprado on October 14, 2017, 05:29:23 PM
Those look nice!

How does that self tuning thing work?
I'm not really sure how it's all working to do what it claims. It's kind a odd as the line tie is on a little metal arm that is kind a free floating. These are the first ones I've ever had. Mike might know more about how it actually works. I only bought these because he said he liked them so much.
I looked at it wiggled it and gave up trying to understand how it actually works.  lo
I did throw the bigger one yesterday for a little bit but didn't get a hit. But I didn't give it a really good try either.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Captsteve

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 15, 2017, 12:47:35 PM
The monkeys bite did good today

<")))>{
is that a 6 gill rod?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

LgMouthGambler

West6550

I remember when LMG said Shimano or it was trash. Now he sports Daiwa and Shimano.. and if I recall bow has bought quite a few Lews reels lol

Also is that the wide super duty?

I like my SV103 and it looks nice on my LSCR. But honestly I prefer to toss the $140 (I paif half that) Lews TPs. All my rods have them so when I go to the Daiwa I forget lol. I also don't care for the high speed ratio for what I mainly use it for. I forget to slow down lol ugh

I might sell it and grab another Lews. Or put it on a different rod.

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: West6550 on October 15, 2017, 03:56:31 PM
I remember when LMG said Shimano or it was trash. Now he sports Daiwa and Shimano.. and if I recall bow has bought quite a few Lews reels lol

I like my SV103 and it looks nice on my LSCR. But honestly I prefer to toss the $140 (I paif half that) Lews TPs. All my rods have them so when I go to the Daiwa I forget lol. I also don't care for the high speed ratio for what I mainly use it for. I forget to slow down lol ugh

No, its the regular Super Duty. The wide model is quite big. If you are interested,  Im gonna let the Tournament MB LFS go.

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

Quote from: West6550 on October 15, 2017, 03:56:31 PM

I find it interesting that you are not a big fan of the SV103's?  What dont you like about it besides the speed? 

I was a big lews guy at one time and I thought the opposite.  As soon as I had the sv103 in my hand it was over for the lews.  I had a bunch of TP's that I was trying to unload a while ago but I ended up donating them. 
BeerMe

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 15, 2017, 08:04:05 PM
No, its the regular Super Duty. The wide model is quite big. If you are interested,  Im gonna let the Tournament MB LFS go.

<")))>{
Nice, they are big which is why I didn't get one a while back when they were really cheap.

What is the ratio on that MB?

West6550

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on October 15, 2017, 10:35:44 PM
I find it interesting that you are not a big fan of the SV103's?  What dont you like about it besides the speed? 

I was a big lews guy at one time and I thought the opposite.  As soon as I had the sv103 in my hand it was over for the lews.  I had a bunch of TP's that I was trying to unload a while ago but I ended up donating them.
Honestly it doesn't do anything the Lews don't and it was twice the price. It is smooth and it looks nice for sure.

The settings for the braking is hard to adjust. Literally hard to change the dial. It backlashs more cause I'm used to the Lews as all the other rods have the same reels on them, so I grab that one and pow, nest lol. It does flick under docks and cover nicley.

It is also noticeably heavier. The LSCR does a fantastic job, but I can tell the Daiwa is a chunk in my hand compared to the Lews. I had to swap the Daiwa due to bad braid during the classic. Put a Lews on the LSCR and it was super sweet.

I also don't care if I toss the Lews on the ground while bank fishing and I worry about rashing up the SV lol ugh

I haven't decided yet though.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: West6550 on October 16, 2017, 10:26:41 AM
Honestly it doesn't do anything the Lews don't and it was twice the price. It is smooth and it looks nice for sure.

The settings for the braking is hard to adjust. Literally hard to change the dial. It backlashs more cause I'm used to the Lews as all the other rods have the same reels on them, so I grab that one and pow, nest lol. It does flick under docks and cover nicley.

It is also noticeably heavier. The LSCR does a fantastic job, but I can tell the Daiwa is a chunk in my hand compared to the Lews. I had to swap the Daiwa due to bad braid during the classic. Put a Lews on the LSCR and it was super sweet.

I also don't care if I toss the Lews on the ground while bank fishing and I worry about rashing up the SV lol ugh

I haven't decided yet though.

Makes sense. Im sure you are used to the dual brakes of the Lews. You interested in a basically NIB Tournament MB LFS?

West6550

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 16, 2017, 10:46:23 AM
Makes sense. Im sure you are used to the dual brakes of the Lews. You interested in a basically NIB Tournament MB LFS?
What is the ratio?

Bud Kennedy

Tom, I think you can tell that some of us are surprised at your response about the Daiwa.  It has been almost uniform that most find the reel much easier to use and back lash scenarios are almost non existent.  It is an ounce or two heaver but the price is fairly comparable to the Lews.  Are we talking the same reels? 

We were discussing the TWSV103 Tatula series.  selling for about $130.00

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on October 16, 2017, 01:38:43 PM
Tom, I think you can tell that some of us are surprised at your response about the Daiwa.  It has been almost uniform that most find the reel much easier to use and back lash scenarios are almost non existent.  It is an ounce or two heaver but the price is fairly comparable to the Lews.  Are we talking the same reels? 

He is talking about the higher end SV103, not the Tatula.
It's a heftier reel than the Tatula, I think on the old Zillion frame that LMG likes.

I think this is why he is having more difficulty with it. I think he would be much happier with a Tatula SV. It sounds the SV103 he has is a little harder to get dialed in than our Tat SV.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

He likes the smaller profile of the Lews reels, which I can see as a good argument. I dont know if he has held the LFS series yet, but they are more like a Shimano 50E size.

West6550

That's the sweet thing about life. Everyone is different. I have the SV103xs which retails at $299 but can be had elsewhere for cheaer. So double a Lews MB LFS.

It is a smooth nice reel. It fishes fine. Cast just fine. Palms fine as well. The dial literally is hard to click and one click does a lot which is nice.. but I never move it much as it adjust so heavy.

I am definitely used to dual braking and the Lews are more comfortable.

Plus if I toss a Lews on the bank or bed of the truck I don't worry about it as much lol. This thing is too pretty to beat up.

Kinda like owning a nice boat you are scared to bump a dock. Got an old tin boat and you'll drive it through the dock lol

LgMouthGambler

Spooled the Super Duty with the 10lb Trilene XT last night. Line did pretty good this morning. This fish hit the spook like a freight train and bent hooks. Lol

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on October 17, 2017, 07:23:35 AM
Spooled the Super Duty with the 10lb Trilene XT last night. Line did pretty good this morning. This fish hit the spook like a freight train and bent hooks. Lol

<")))>{

Those stock hooks? I've taken to replacing my spook hooks with the KVD Triple Grips. Had a few 14/15" fish bend out hooks on a couple of my spooks. Don't like that one bit.
Florida Bass Fishing