Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

A froggin' we will go...

St. Croix Mojo Bass Casting Rod - MJC71MHF

SKU:2244812
In Stock

Length : 7'1"
Power : Medium Heavy
Action : Fast

$129.99   in six EZ payments!  It's on its way!!!!!

Rick, I took your advice and went against my instincts and went with the shorter rod. I could have got a 6'8", but it just felt too weird; believe me, I mulled it over for days. I also have read MANY reviews that say the St. Croix H power is like a broomstick (specifically, the 7'4" HF, what Mojo Bass call it's Slop N Frog rod), and that a lot of folks use the MH for frogging. Apparently, it takes quite a bit of weight to load the heavy rod well enough for casting. Now I just need to drive down south and have Lou show me how to use it.

By the way....does anyone remember that group in the 80's, Aldo Nova? I think they had a song about a monkey on your back...help me out, LMG
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cport on March 01, 2018, 10:46:22 PM

By the way....does anyone remember that group in the 80's, Aldo Nova? I think they had a song about a monkey on your back...help me out, LMG

this one?   

lyrics:
let me tell you a story about two kids in the city see they both have a problem with life and it isn't very pretty there's a kid called timmy he use to be pretty witty but then too many rides on the horse got him hooked and it's a pity cause now he's got a monkey he's got a monkey can't fight it monkey on his back he can't deny it monkey he found a dragon that bites a hole in his arm at night where all the monney goes monkey, monkey on his back monkey, monkey on his back a dirty monkey well there's a girl called sally she walks the streets in the city she works down on the corner every night gives her money up to willy you see her man's big willy and when he met her she was pretty but he gave her a habit that she didn't want now that's a pity cause now she's got a monkey she's got a monkey can't fight it monkey she's gotta walk the streets to buy it monkey she found a dragon that bites a hole in her arm at night where all the money goes monkey'monkey on her back monket'monkey on her back a dirty monkey well now listen everybody cause there's a moral to th story clean up your act get the monkey off your back or you'll be sorry keep yourself clean cause the monkey plays mean he'll put a knife in your back then the man in the black will show you a dragon that bites and you'll wind up with a monkey'monkey on your back monkey'monkey on your back monkey'monkey on your back monkey'monkey on your back
BeerMe

cojab

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 01, 2018, 08:50:08 PM
Bait monkey has been in my ear about something....big time....

8) Thats no monkey. Thats King Kong
TTK has spoken.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Lol. Aldo Nova. Man, way to take it back. Haha

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 02, 2018, 05:09:42 AM
Lol. Aldo Nova. Man, way to take it back. Haha

<")))>{
I know, right? Step into my way back machine

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 01, 2018, 10:46:22 PM
A froggin' we will go...

St. Croix Mojo Bass Casting Rod - MJC71MHF

SKU:2244812
In Stock

Length : 7'1"
Power : Medium Heavy
Action : Fast

$129.99in six EZ payments!  It's on its way!!!!!

Rick, I took your advice and went against my instincts and went with the shorter rod. I could have got a 6'8", but it just felt too weird; believe me, I mulled it over for days. I also have read MANY reviews that say the St. Croix H power is like a broomstick (specifically, the 7'4" HF, what Mojo Bass call it's Slop N Frog rod), and that a lot of folks use the MH for frogging. Apparently, it takes quite a bit of weight to load the heavy rod well enough for casting. Now I just need to drive down south and have Lou show me how to use it.

Cool! I think the 7'1 is a good size. Especially for you a bank fisherman. You should find it much easier to use than your current 7'6".
Yeah I don't know about the mojo rods. My avid x MHF feels like a MHXF or. HXF. I'm actually going to try and sell it. I'll take a little hit on it but I just don't need anything that freaking stiff for spinning.
If the Mojo series is similar then the MHF will probably work just fine for frog.
Hope it works out for you. It's tough making rod purchases online. Not being able to see them and hold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 02, 2018, 05:39:04 AM
Cool! I think the 7'1 is a good size. Especially for you a bank fisherman. You should find it much easier to use than your current 7'6".
Yeah I don't know about the mojo rods. My avid x MHF feels like a MHXF or. HXF. I'm actually going to try and sell it. I'll take a little hit on it but I just don't need anything that freaking stiff for spinning.
If the Mojo series is similar then the MHF will probably work just fine for frog.
Hope it works out for you. It's tough making rod purchases online. Not being able to see them and hold them.

Oh I went to BPS and looked at the 7'4"HF, it was very stiff, and I looked at the 6'8", which was fine, but like I said, it was weird short. They didn't have what I ordered in the store, but I went with it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cbburke

Quote from: SteveTX on March 01, 2018, 10:34:48 PM
I was thinking I need to sell off some stuff as well. If you don't mind sharing where did you list your stuff? I was thinking about Ebay but its been a long time since I used eBay as a seller. By now I figure they take a considerable chunk.

Ebay is the last resouce that I would use due to fees. but There are some advanages on that. On the BBC Board, Shimano Core 50MG7 is averaging $225 to $245 TYD. On Ebay, The last one that I saw was sold for $266 plus 8 buck shipping. SO it's kinda of the same to me but fees. 

I sold all of mine on the BBC Board. They all met my "asking price".

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

SFL BassHunter

Oh ok.

Yeah imagine my 6'5" lol it is weird short till you get used to it.
Even though I've used it a bunch when I first pick it up after using my longer rods I always feel that weird feeling like it's not the right height. Get over it quick when I land a bass on a frog though lol.

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 01, 2018, 08:50:08 PM
Bait monkey has been in my ear about something....big time....

You might actually be able to go fast now.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 02, 2018, 07:37:41 AM
You might actually be able to go fast now.  lo

Says the one who was bundled in the floor as we hit 70 on guntersville.
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 02, 2018, 09:33:52 AM
Says the one who was bundled in the floor as we hit 70 on guntersville.
I didnt actually see the speedometer, so its hearsay. Lol

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 02, 2018, 10:00:53 AM
I didnt actually see the speedometer, so its hearsay. Lol

<")))>{

That's because you were bundled on the floor in the fetal position.  lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on March 02, 2018, 10:48:39 AM
That's because you were bundled on the floor in the fetal position.  lo

Yeah. I almost had to pee on myself to keep warm at 32*.  ~roflmao

Capt. BassinLou

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 03, 2018, 04:12:12 PM
Bait Monkey just delivered these to me...

Them look nice Lou can't wait to see your report on them and how you like or don't like them. I might have to get some cause I don't have to many popping frogs.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

SteveTX

Well this showed up.

This is loaded with 50lb Berkley Trilene Tracer Braid

This is mounted on my Dobyns Savvy 735 ready to test those gears for LMG.  ;D

Picked up one of these 9ft Superstick Shallow Water Anchor Pin Kits as well.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on March 03, 2018, 07:30:33 PM
Well this showed up.

This is loaded with 50lb Berkley Trilene Tracer Braid

This is mounted on my Dobyns Savvy 735 ready to test those gears for LMG.  ;D

Picked up one of these 9ft Superstick Shallow Water Anchor Pin Kits as well.

Way to go Steve keep the monkey busy and away from my door.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

You're gonna love that thing. It's butter smooth

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Steve I'd love to hear your thoughts on that trilene braid? I've used their regular braid and liked it. It was cheap at Walmart.

Florida Bass Fishing

Smallie_Stalker

Well, it's not on the caliber of stuff you guys are posting in here but the monkey got me for just a little bit of $$. I purchased one of the Fatsack rulers to use in the iBass tourney. Cool thing is I ordered it about an hour and a half ago and got a text about a half hour ago that they already created the shipping label - on a Sunday!

Now the problem as you might expect is that it felt so good to buy that simple little item that the money is sitting on my shoulder whispering into my ear and putting all kinds of ideas into my head  :surrender:
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on March 04, 2018, 04:57:46 PM
Well, it's not on the caliber of stuff you guys are posting in here but the monkey got me for just a little bit of $$. I purchased one of the Fatsack rulers to use in the iBass tourney. Cool thing is I ordered it about an hour and a half ago and got a text about a half hour ago that they already created the shipping label - on a Sunday!

Now the problem as you might expect is that it felt so good to buy that simple little item that the money is sitting on my shoulder whispering into my ear and putting all kinds of ideas into my head  :surrender:
Are you gonna make a "waiting on my order" thread? Lol

<")))>{