PowerPro Maxcuatro Opinions?

Started by J.W., February 27, 2024, 02:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.W.

This Maxcuatro looks pretty good, at least on paper. According to the data on Line Laboratory's website it looks like the 30 lb Maxcuatro's actual diameter is thinner than the 15 lb original's, which is what I throw for most applications that aren't involving heavy cover. Looks like a good way to up your breaking strength without having to throw a rope at 'em. Either that, or really downsize your line for finesse applications without giving up too much breaking strength.

Anyone tried it?

Capt. BassinLou

I threw Max Cuatro for a spell. It was ok. I eventually went back to the original power pro. I'm not sold on thinner diameter braids. I will  say when I have had line breaks. Meaning the line has snapped for one reason or another. The majority of the time it happened when I was using thinner high strand braids.

J.W.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: J.W. on February 27, 2024, 02:57:10 PMThanks Lou. Good info.
Again, that's just been my experience. You might love it!

J.W.

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on February 27, 2024, 03:09:14 PM
Quote from: J.W. on February 27, 2024, 02:57:10 PMThanks Lou. Good info.
Again, that's just been my experience. You might love it!

I might buy some just to see, but I'll definitely get a 150 yd spool and not one of the big ones.

Hobious

I am okay with the regular garden variety power pro.  I had it in Brazil, and about halfway thru, I saw the entire boat changing out their braid.  I was the only person that stayed with the same line throughout the trip.  that stuff is freakishly strong. 

I just put 40lb on my new Curado 150DC, and it casts so well.  time will tell if it stays that way after fighting some hard charging striped bass.  in general, I am okay with a thicker line.  it resists biting into the spool during the fish-fight, better...even if it is only in my mind.

RangerAndBass

I've used it a lot.  I like it, but I tend to want heavier braid, so I get the best of both worlds.
Drinking Rum before noon makes you a Pirate not an alcoholic!