Warranty Question

Started by Donald Garner, December 20, 2023, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone,

I'm in the process of transitioning my rods over from BPS Extreme to Dobyn's Series Rods. I've purchased my rods from Academy Sports stores.  I'm wondering about warranty issues.  I keep reading posting here about them.  Do I need to mail Dobyn's copies of the receipts or pictures of the rods?  How do I get a warranty certificate etc.?

Below is my line up of my Dobyn's Rods with reels that are matched to them.

(3) Colt Series CL 705CB matched with Abu Garcia Orra Winch 5.4:1 crankbait reels

(3) Maverick Series MK 734C matched with Abu Garcia Revo S 6.4:1 crankbait reels

(5) Fury Series FR 734C matched with Abu Garcia Revo S 6.4:1 crankbait reels

(3) Fury Series FR 735C matched with Abu Garcia Revo SX 6.4:1 crankbait reels
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Donald, you don't need to mail a receipt with Dobyns. If an issue comes up or a rod breaks, Dobyns has one of the easiest warranty policies to work with. A quick call to the warranty department, and they will walk through the process. Very simple.

Donald Garner

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on December 20, 2023, 11:44:05 AMDonald, you don't need to mail a receipt with Dobyns. If an issue comes up or a rod breaks, Dobyns has one of the easiest warranty policies to work with. A quick call to the warranty department, and they will walk through the process. Very simple.

Lou, tks for the quick reply.  Just wondering about it.  Some places you have to have receipts.  I'm bad about keeping certain receipt.

I hope I never have to call them.  From all the postings and things I've read Gary makes a great rod.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming fishing season.
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Capt. BassinLou

Donald, you will not be disappointed. Dobyn rods are work horses in each of their line ups.

skidemn

Quote from: Donald Garner on December 20, 2023, 11:48:32 AM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on December 20, 2023, 11:44:05 AMDonald, you don't need to mail a receipt with Dobyns. If an issue comes up or a rod breaks, Dobyns has one of the easiest warranty policies to work with. A quick call to the warranty department, and they will walk through the process. Very simple.

Lou, tks for the quick reply.  Just wondering about it.  Some places you have to have receipts.  I'm bad about keeping certain receipt.

I hope I never have to call them.  From all the postings and things I've read Gary makes a great rod.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming fishing season.
I have bought about 25 Dobyn's rods in the last 3 years, and have never needed a receipt for a warranty issue. I have broken rods doing dumb stuff, and their no hassle warranty is simply the best. I have also broken rods through no fault of my own (that I know of) and they also took care of me under the standard product warranty. The difference is if you do something dumb, like drop your trolling motor foot on a rod, they have a very reasonable, no questions asked replacement fee. If it breaks for reasons unknown that appear to be a normal use case, you pay to ship it to them, they replace it and ship it back on their dime. Super simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mygreenihc

Donald,  you will not need a receipt.  If it fails due to bad workmanship or materials,  you ship it to them and they will investigate the reason it failed.  If it is on them,  they take care of the rest.  If it is not a warranty claim,  they will contact you and you can pay a replacement fee based upon the model line.  

Brad

Hobious

my local fishing store is a Dobyns shop.  i just drop off the broken rod, and they take care of all of it for me.  the shipping, etc.  well, i am not sure if they even need to ship.  maybe there is a trust between them.

a few weeks later, i get a call, pay the replacement cost and get a new rod. 

my shop guy always asks, "let me guess, is it a FURY?".  apparently broken Fury rods are very common.  myself, i have broken 4. 

Donald Garner

Guys tks for the information reference the Dobyn's Rods Warranties.  I appreciated all the feed back.