Stren Fishing Line, where'd it go???

Started by topdsm0138, April 08, 2024, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdsm0138

Yup, title gave it away. But all my local stores stopped carrying Stren line. All they have is PowerPro, Suffix, and Berkley Trilene. Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? I mean, I've used nothing but Stren clear-blue mono since as long as I can remember and never had good luck/usage with Trilene. Just depressing that I can't pick it up locally.

Tiller Mafia.

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

loomisguy

I haven't seen it in a while either. If you haven't tried it, the Suffix lines are really good. I like the Advance co-poly in particular.

topdsm0138

Funny. Pure Fishing doesn't even list it on their website anymore, just the Berkley Trilene and Spiderwire..

Tiller Mafia.

apenland01

Hey Top, I sent you 4 spools of Stren yesterday afternoon, so be looking for that package in the next few days.  After reading this post, I remembered having some on the shelf and went and checked my line inventory and actually found some.  I'll never use it, so better off in your hands...

topdsm0138

Quote from: apenland01 on April 10, 2024, 09:31:55 AMHey Top, I sent you 4 spools of Stren yesterday afternoon, so be looking for that package in the next few days.  After reading this post, I remembered having some on the shelf and went and checked my line inventory and actually found some.  I'll never use it, so better off in your hands...
Wow, I really appreciate it man. If you need anything local from us S FL guys, just let me know to return the favor.

Tiller Mafia.

D.W. Verts

Stren was a staple for me in the day. I even had a promotional sponsorship with them for a year or so. Those purple boxes and hi-vis line were a part of life. I even used the golden line for a while, and have a serious cool memory of using it while plastic worm fishin' on one cloudy and rainy day. Watching that line "jump" was a thrill.

I've only bought one spool of Stren recently, some 4# for my daughter to take trout fishing. Time marches on...

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

coldfront

stopped using stren years ago.  for ME, I seemed to have a problem with it breaking.

might have been where I was buying it... but moved to trilene and was much happier...

not taking any shots at Stren, or any other line.  seems a bit like a chevy-ford-toyota argument.  but somehow or 'nother, we all end up with stories...

~roflmao

topdsm0138

Quote from: coldfront on April 11, 2024, 12:04:15 PMstopped using stren years ago.  for ME, I seemed to have a problem with it breaking.

might have been where I was buying it... but moved to trilene and was much happier...

not taking any shots at Stren, or any other line.  seems a bit like a chevy-ford-toyota argument.  but somehow or 'nother, we all end up with stories...

~roflmao
Yeah, I understand that. It was the exact opposite for me to where I had the Berkley break and the Stren was better. But ironically, they're the same company, funny how that works.

Tiller Mafia.

coldfront

FWIW: I still use and PREFER the old Suffix Performance braid.  never like the 'upgraded' 832...

so, my opinion might be really 'questionable' here.

~roflmao

bigjim5589

Perhaps take a look at the lines Ande has to offer. I've used them for many years, as well as the Trilene & Stren, and Ande performs as well and sometimes better.

I generally buy it when they have a sale and direct from Ande, so it's probably not sitting on a shelf for a long time like it could be in many stores.

Otherwise, I use Yozuri Hybrid & the Sufix 832 and have been happy with them all. 
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

topdsm0138

Quote from: bigjim5589 on April 12, 2024, 12:48:46 PMPerhaps take a look at the lines Ande has to offer. I've used them for many years, as well as the Trilene & Stren, and Ande performs as well and sometimes better.

I generally buy it when they have a sale and direct from Ande, so it's probably not sitting on a shelf for a long time like it could be in many stores.

Otherwise, I use Yozuri Hybrid & the Sufix 832 and have been happy with them all.
Ande is another local to me company. Right here in West Palm Beach.

Tiller Mafia.

Hobious

Stern is probably having a beer somewhere with Blockbuster Video and a phone booth.