Brown jig trailers

Started by kdubracing, November 05, 2020, 07:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdubracing

There are a lot of brown craw colored jigs out there, a lot of times with a little orange in them. But there aren't many brown craw colored trailers. I've found a couple here and there, but nothing I love yet. What do you guys use for brown craw colored trailers?

Bassinkorea

I'm sure Doc Irv will be able to make you a custom brown trailer to your liking  ;)

Doc Irv Custom Baits
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

D.W. Verts

Uncle Josh Pork Frogs! ( this guy never gives up with that old crap, does he?)
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Oldfart9999

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 05, 2020, 10:39:53 PM
To bad they're no longer made.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

coldfront

Quote from: kdubracing on November 05, 2020, 07:35:09 PM
There are a lot of brown craw colored jigs out there, a lot of times with a little orange in them. But there aren't many brown craw colored trailers. I've found a couple here and there, but nothing I love yet. What do you guys use for brown craw colored trailers?

you have to look and look hard to find, but zoom super chunks (regular and jr size) are available in 'flippin brown'.

I tend to use them on black jigs in winter/spring.

summertime, I tend to put a blue trailer on my brown jigs...   ~shhh  or watermelon/green pumpkin with tips dyed chartreuse.

landbigfish, tackledirect have them.  you can look around for more places.

this coming year, I'm going to be experimenting with the 'watermelon moondust'.  should mimic the tail color of bluegill, or the bluetips of craw pincers nicely!

SteveTX

Xzone Lures has several that work. Bama Craw

PB&J is another one I like from Xzone Lures.

Yum makes a color called Crawdad its a black brown.

Xcite baits has a color called Dirt its a lighter brown with black and orange flake.

Berkley has several also. Big Texan

Berkley color Perfection.

Berkley has one of my favorites in the Skeet's Hot Craw. Its only in 4" Pit Boss but you can cut it off and use as a chunk or I use it threaded on my jigs with a 5/0 hook. Just a phenomenal color like a black/brown swirl with the most awesomely bright hot orange. Has a small gold and black flake but not a lot in the ones I have used. I don't think its suppose to be a swirl its suppose to be dark on back but QC isn't a huge factor on the color on these apparently.
Here is a factory stock pick from Berkley. But its not telling the whole story.

Here is a pic I took of some. As I said thy are a swirl no package is the same and I like that.

This looks completely orange but its not its just the one angle of the pic. Some do have a lot more orange   than others though. Just as some have more dark color than orange.

Zoom Super Chunk in Brown

Tons of good trailer colors. One color I know a lot and I mean a lot of guys use with brown is Green Pumpkin. Everyone and their dog makes a Green Pumpkin.  lo

Smallie_Stalker

Try a blue trailer with your brown jig....shhhh

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

SteveTX

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on November 06, 2020, 10:03:19 AM
Try a blue trailer with your brown jig....shhhh
I would have suggested some blue also as they do work. ~shhh  But the OP specifically asked about brown and hinted orange.  :) Guess he already has his favorite blue trailers figured out.  ~roflmao

kdubracing

Quote from: SteveTX on November 06, 2020, 10:18:06 AM
I would have suggested some blue also as they do work. ~shhh  But the OP specifically asked about brown and hinted orange.  :) Guess he already has his favorite blue trailers figured out.  ~roflmao
Yeah, there are plenty of blue and black/blue out there. Thanks for the pictures also. I have seen the Xzone Crawdad color and am planning on getting some. I have not seen that Xcite one yet, but that also looks like what I'm searching for. That's on the list now.

kdubracing

Quote from: Bassinkorea on November 05, 2020, 08:33:49 PM
I'm sure Doc Irv will be able to make you a custom brown trailer to your liking  ;)

Doc Irv Custom Baits
That is for sure on the list. I tried one of his Senkos today that I won in the drawing recently. I loved it. It sank just how I like them to. So when I order some more of them, I will get some craws as well. He has one that looks similar to a UV Speed Craw, which is my favorite jig trailer.

Oldfart9999

Strike King offers a lot of colors in their Rage products including browns.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

loomisguy

I pretty much always use green pumpkin no matter what color the jig. Sometimes a little Zoom marker on the tips.
A speedcraw if I want a fast fall and on a finesse jig, a chunk to slow it down.

Eric-Maine

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on November 07, 2020, 02:23:40 PM
Strike King offers a lot of colors in their Rage products including browns.
Rodney
Menace grub blue craw is my go to. Skips great and slows the fall so I can use a 1/2 oz instead of a 1/4 or 3/8.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

apenland01

I use the X-Zone rebel chunk in Bama Craw.  It's exactly as you describe...

Dan21XRS

Quote from: D.W. Verts on November 05, 2020, 10:39:53 PM

They're the best trailer ever made...  Found a bunch of jars last year at Ollie's Bargain Outlet last year so I should be good...  At least for now...  Dan