Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on April 17, 2018, 12:17:55 PM
The one by my house has a BIG FISHING SECTION  ::) one whole isle I look every time I go in there but they don't have the Roadrunners I want or much of anything else either. They do sell live night crawlers though and I think the next time I;m in there I'm going to pick up a tub and take them with me next warm day I go fishing just so I can catch something,  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Lip, see if they're online and have them shipped to your local Wally. 
BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on April 18, 2018, 07:24:29 AM
Lip, see if they're online and have them shipped to your local Wally.
Now don't be sicking that monkey on my I have to tell him no at least three times a day when he whispers in my ear when I'm looking at them roadrunners on line.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cport

Finally got my Rapala gift card from the trophy program for the bass I caught in January. If you were going to buy one Rapala product, what would it be?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on April 18, 2018, 12:23:59 PM
Finally got my Rapala gift card from the trophy program for the bass I caught in January. If you were going to buy one Rapala product, what would it be?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How much is the gift card worth? I haven't bought any Rapala lures in a long time so I wouldn't know which ones I would get.

cport

Quote from: Lipripper on April 18, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
How much is the gift card worth? I haven't bought any Rapala lures in a long time so I wouldn't know which ones I would get.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on April 18, 2018, 12:45:22 PM
You might be able to get a couple of the nicer ones for that price or several of the smaller ones.

analfisherman

RipStop.....good for your waters  $10
    a fast-ripping, flashing swimbait action. Hard-stopping, forward motion stops on a dime, with a subtle shimmy before coming to a rest, then ever so slightly lifts its head with a super slow-rise

X-Rap......XR08.....$8-$10 depending where purchased
      It can be fished both in an aggressive "Slashbait®" technique or with a classic Rapala® wobble.
       Or traditional jerkbait style.
       3'-5' depth range

X-Rap Prop........$10-$12 depending on where purchased.
        Top water 'Spy Bait' Style' bait....again good for your waters.

Shadow Rap.........$9 or more again depending where purchased.
                2'-4' depth

Actually a favorite of mine due to ....... It kicks almost 180 degrees right then left, so it can be fished nearly in place with very little forward travel, keeping the flickering fade of the Shadow Rap® right in a fish's strike zone.

Just some ideas.
Yes I've fished all the above plus the Husky Jerk too.     
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

cport

Quote from: analfisherman on April 18, 2018, 01:40:33 PM
RipStop.....good for your waters  $10
    a fast-ripping, flashing swimbait action. Hard-stopping, forward motion stops on a dime, with a subtle shimmy before coming to a rest, then ever so slightly lifts its head with a super slow-rise

X-Rap......XR08.....$8-$10 depending where purchased
      It can be fished both in an aggressive "Slashbait®" technique or with a classic Rapala® wobble.
       Or traditional jerkbait style.
       3'-5' depth range

X-Rap Prop........$10-$12 depending on where purchased.
        Top water 'Spy Bait' Style' bait....again good for your waters.

Shadow Rap.........$9 or more again depending where purchased.
                2'-4' depth

Actually a favorite of mine due to ....... It kicks almost 180 degrees right then left, so it can be fished nearly in place with very little forward travel, keeping the flickering fade of the Shadow Rap® right in a fish's strike zone.

Just some ideas.
Yes I've fished all the above plus the Husky Jerk too.     

Thanks Joe, exactly what I was looking for.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Got another Sierra on the way. Got the 683 to go with the 682. Should be good and covered with rods for my UL obsession now.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 08:15:53 AM
Got another Sierra on the way. Got the 683 to go with the 682. Should be good and covered with rods for my UL obsession now.  lo
So what's next on your list of things you just have to have or try out.  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on April 19, 2018, 10:52:00 AM
So what's next on your list of things you just have to have or try out.  lo

Lures. Small lures and such for the UL obsession.  lo I think I have enough reels and rods now. Hell, I have extra rods laying around now, thats not like me. Reels yes, rods no.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 11:16:55 AM
Lures. Small lures and such for the UL obsession.  lo I think I have enough reels and rods now. Hell, I have extra rods laying around now, thats not like me. Reels yes, rods no.  lo
~roflmao ~roflmao

Bassin_VA

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 08:15:53 AM
LMG, What applications are you using the 683 and 682 for? Thinking of setting up a couple spinning combos. I dont want to derail this bait monkey thread, so let me know if I need to start a new topic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cport

My guess is he is looking for new and interesting ways to catch snakeheads.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: cport on April 19, 2018, 01:36:35 PM
My guess is he is looking for new and interesting ways to catch snakeheads.
Not with those rods he isn't... LMG may be adventurous but not careless... lmao...

cport

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 19, 2018, 01:47:48 PM
Not with those rods he isn't... LMG may be adventurous but not careless... lmao...
No guts no glory, can't cast 2 lb test otherwise  lo
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassin_VA on April 19, 2018, 01:30:29 PM
LMG, What applications are you using the 683 and 682 for? Thinking of setting up a couple spinning combos. I dont want to derail this bait monkey thread, so let me know if I need to start a new topic.

Did you say spinning combos? Dont talk to me!  lo

They are baitcast rods. I have a 09Aldebaran with a honeycomb spool that has 8lb dia. line that I cast really small jerkbaits/topwater/etc with the 682. The 683 is gonna get the Conquest50 mounted on it, because, after all, the Conquest deserved a nicer rod than it had.  lo I use that reel for small T rigged baits with a 1/8 or 1/16oz weight. That reel is also spooled with 8lb dia. line. And by the way, the 8lb dia. line is Seaguar Senshi 10lb test.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 19, 2018, 01:47:48 PM

Man, think about how much fun it would be? If only there was a way to fish for them in open water.  :-*

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 02:32:17 PM
Man, think about how much fun it would be? If only there was a way to fish for them in open water.  :-*
Exactly!! If you can get them in open water it will be crazy. If they take you into cover your screwed!! Lol!!

Bassin_VA

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 02:27:29 PM
Did you say spinning combos? Dont talk to me!  lo

They are baitcast rods. I have a 09Aldebaran with a honeycomb spool that has 8lb dia. line that I cast really small jerkbaits/topwater/etc with the 682. The 683 is gonna get the Conquest50 mounted on it, because, after all, the Conquest deserved a nicer rod than it had.  lo I use that reel for small T rigged baits with a 1/8 or 1/16oz weight. That reel is also spooled with 8lb dia. line. And by the way, the 8lb dia. line is Seaguar Senshi 10lb test.
My bad, i instantly associated UL wirh spinning haha.

HTTR

Just made my first Academy Sports purchase. I saw someone talking about their clearance section online so I cruised through there and quickly filled up a cart. Free shipping and 10% off so I spent under $20 for a bunch of stuff. I think I got 5 bags of soft plastics, a frog and another top water popper for $16 and some change. Mostly all of my fishing gear was hand me downs and old yard sale buys. So now after a couple months of more frequent bass fishing I have depleted nearly all of my usable baits. Luckily one of my life's passions is bargain hunting for tools and fishing gear haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cport

Quote from: HTTR on April 19, 2018, 02:58:54 PM
Just made my first Academy Sports purchase. I saw someone talking about their clearance section online so I cruised through there and quickly filled up a cart. Free shipping and 10% off so I spent under $20 for a bunch of stuff. I think I got 5 bags of soft plastics, a frog and another top water popper for $16 and some change. Mostly all of my fishing gear was hand me downs and old yard sale buys. So now after a couple months of more frequent bass fishing I have depleted nearly all of my usable baits. Luckily one of my life's passions is bargain hunting for tools and fishing gear haha.

The dang monkey has no moral compass and will infect the youngest of our species with the vile and pernicious gottabuymoregearitis disease.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: HTTR on April 19, 2018, 02:58:54 PM

I like bargain hunting also so as I was surfing around looking at 1/8 oz Roadrunners that the Monkey has been bugging me to get some for my up coming Crappie fishing trip after looking through BPS and E-bay and a few other spots I got an email from Cabela's a 4 pack for $2.99 so I clicked on over there and as I was looking around that dang monkey slipped 5 packs of them in my shopping cart and made me hit the checkout tab.  lo lo That's not a bad deal $14.95 for 20 of the Blakemore Original Road Runner.

HTTR

I just stopped by Dick's because I needed weighted worm hooks. Eagle claw laser sharp 5 packs were on sale at $1.47 and on the clearance rack I found a 60 pack of laser sharp worm hooks in 4 different colors for $5 and some change. I'm true I have been gotten by the monkey but i badly need to replenish some stuff. Oh 60 split shots for 98 cents too.