Need some thoughts and prayers for Mother Nature

Started by Mike Cork, May 26, 2023, 08:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Coming home last night on I-20, traffic came to a stop and she was rear ended. It was bad enough that she couldn't drive her baby (charger scat pack) home. She was okay last night but as expected very sore and stiff this morning.

I truly think she is more pissed off than hurt right now but the next couple days will tell.

Hey Lou.... Yet another curveball  :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Mike sure sorry to hear this.  I'll add Laurie to the daily prayer list.  Glad to hear she didn't have to go to the hospital. 
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

J.W.

Man! I hate to hear that. That is some serious neck pain when you get hit like that. I hope she starts feeling better soon. I got hit like that on I-220 once. By the Motorist Assistance Patrol truck, ironically. She's probably going to be pretty stoved up for a while. Prayers outbound.

Smallie_Stalker

Sorry to hear that. Been rear ended twice, both times when I was at a full stop. Not fun.

You and Laurie are both on the daily prayer list already but I'll add some extras for her. 

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

coldfront

hope all's well Mike, Laurie.sometimes the real damage from accidents takes a while to show up...  it's easy to be 'tough' and not go get checked out.but perhaps that's not the wisest course of action...  been there; done that.

Capt. BassinLou

Damn, sorry to hear this news, Mike. Hope Laurie is ok.

Nutt

Dang, I hate to hear that!!  I hope Laurie is ok.  If yall need anything, let me know.  Im home every day now until I heal completely.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

big g

Sorry to hear, I hope she has a quick recovery and dealing with the insurance is quick and easy.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

D.W. Verts

DadGUMMIT Mike. Praise the Lord it wasn't worse. But keep an eye on her (and do something nice for her!)

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

topdsm0138

Man, sorry to hear. Cars & boats can always be replaced, but people can't. Glad everyones ok.

Sent from undisclosed location. -Tiller Mafia

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Mike Cork

Been watching Mother all weekend. She went through the typical get worse until the third day when she felt like a train hit her. She's definitely on the mend now though. Thanks everyone.

Now to fight the insurance guys....

Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Mike, tks for the update on Laurie.  Good luck with the insurance fight  ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

apenland01

Sorry to hear about the accident!  Prayers for full and quick recovery...

Larry Francis

Been out for a while. Sorry to hear this, Thoughts and prayers.
Molon Labe

Princeton_Man

I sometimes miss the most important posts...  ::) Sorry to hear about the accident. Sending up a prayer for Laurie, hope that didn't cause any new problems in her back/neck.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

caddyjoe77

added to the list, sending em the families way
BeerMe

bigjim5589

Mike, you both are always in my thoughts & prayers! Accidents like that are always something we have no control over, so all you can do is try to take care of her and wait. Let me know if you need anything!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

J.W.

Man, I'm glad to hear she's on the mend. I hope the insurance thing is as hassle-free as it can be.

loomisguy

As my dad used to say Car accidents are like landing an airplane, anyone you walk away from is a good one.
Prayers sent.

bassmedic46

I'm sorry I missed this post. I'll add her to my daily list of prayers. Glad she's feeling ok.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Mike Cork

Mother is doing well. The fight with the insurance company isn't going too good. Starting to think we're going to need a lawyer  ~rant  Good thing I know way to many that would jump at the chance to represent us... State Farm has about 24 hours to figure it out or I'm done talking to them.

Great thing is Mother isn't hurt, she's missing her car though...

Cork's Reel Service

Capt. BassinLou

Happy to hear Laurie is well, sorry to hear about the insurance.

ike8120

Glad the Mrs is ok. Dealing with insurances companies are a real PITA.
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

Smallie_Stalker

Glad to hear Laurie is doing better that's the most important thing. Insurance is always a PITA but hope you can get it straightened out quick.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

J.W.

A letter from a lawyer might help get things going.