Sounds that trigger

Started by Eric-Maine, July 12, 2023, 07:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric-Maine

We stayed " up country" this past  weekend for a tournament. Friday and Saturday nights with the tournament on Sunday. Warm nights, bull frogs singing, and an awesome screen door that had a sweet slamming sound that brought me back 50 or so years. The only thing that was missing was the sound of the whip o will.

As a kid, we had a big wooden rowboat that we rowed up and down the river often trolling a jitterbug at night. The creak and the quiet strokes of the oars, the bubbling of the jitterbug doing it's thing and the anticipation of an explosion out there in the dark.

Oh, to be 10 again.

It's amazing where a slamming door can take you.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Bigbass201

Fun to think about the past times and appreciate them.
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

D.W. Verts

I wrote a decent song about this once. I'll see if I can find it. It even talks about the sound of a Jitterbug at night...

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Hobious

i remember a cabin my parents would rent in the mountains.  i didnt grow up in a warm and loving family.  but i still love the sound of a slamming screen door.  my brother and would run in and out all day long.

my mom yelling at me not to slam that door, i can stand to forget.  hahahha..

Smallie_Stalker

When I was a kid my uncle bought some land in a fairly undeveloped part of MA and he and my father built a cabin there that became our fishing and hunting base of operations. 6 or 7 steps across the narrow dirt road out front was a nice little pond.

In the warm weather you had the bullfrogs and the owls, and the sweet song of the crickets. For a city kid like me they were odd but soothing sounds.

To this day for me there is nothing like the quiet and fresher air of the country and falling asleep to the song of the crickets.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

The burble of a jitterbug in the dark at night and the explosion when a smallmouth decided to eat it, the memories of being on Skaneateles Lake on a moonless night with Dad were special......
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.