River Flooding Report

Started by Bud Kennedy, November 26, 2020, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Rivers are still unsafe at this time.  Will take quite a while before navigating the river will be possible.  I visited Waca Wache and Enterprise ramps yesterday and it is not a pretty sight.  High water and some closed ramps and lots of things floating in the river and intracoastal waterway.  Weather turning cold and wet next week so it will be a while before the old ranger can hit the river.  Here is a clip from the river report this morning.

REPORT FOLLOWS:

A quick look Sunday at the Wacca Wache Boat Ramp on the Waccamaw River at Murrells Inlet showed a scene local river residents and anglers are weary of – flood waters, which extended from the river well up into the parking lot. As of Wednesday at 9:15 a.m., the Waccamaw near Conway was at 12.32 feet, above the minimum Moderate Flood Stage level of 12.0 feet. The river is not expected to drop back into Minor Flood Stage (below 12.0 feet) until Saturday. The Little Pee Dee River at Galivants Ferry, the Pee Dee River between Marion and Florence and the Santee River at Jamestown were all in Minor Flood Stage Wednesday. It's simply advisable to stay off the rivers due to the high water at this time.

Read more here: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/outdoors/article247442485.html#storylink=cpy

Pacific NW Ron

Most years we experience flooding around Thanksgiving but we got lucky this year.  Made it through the holiday with no high water. 
It's not worth the risk when the river is running high and full of debris. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?