Second hand report on Guntersville

Started by Lee Smith, September 18, 2019, 07:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

Good friend of mine fished Guntersville yesterday in the blue sky heat, here's what he found.

River bends, flipping the edges of grass mats was the only hook ups, caught two over 5# and he said around 10 or so under 5# down to less than a pound on one.  Took a slow fall to catch the fish and all of them where caught in the outside bends, only when water was moving.  Nothing early, the water is still hot.  Late he went to a few mats I had told him about and had some blow ups on the edges with a frog but no hookups.

The water is clearing up, the mats are getting cheesy...a little cool weather and it should be on like the Gunt we know and love!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

Maybe this tropical depression that's gonna run right over UB Headquarters will be good in many ways. Bringing us some much needed water, and maybe it will be enough of a disturbance to kick Fall into gear.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 18, 2019, 08:37:56 AM
Maybe this tropical depression that's gonna run right over UB Headquarters will be good in many ways. Bringing us some much needed water, and maybe it will be enough of a disturbance to kick Fall into gear.

~sweat  ~sweat
Something has got to change, we're breaking heat and 'feels like' records every day!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

Quote from: Lee Smith on September 18, 2019, 10:09:08 AM
~sweat  ~sweat
Something has got to change, we're breaking heat and 'feels like' records every day!

It's brutal, I'm about to give up on my garden... I could have bought the vege's for what my water bill is turning into ~b~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service