Football Season At Lake Oroville

Started by Pat Dilling, April 04, 2024, 09:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Dilling

Kate and I went to Lake Oroville on April 2nd.  We got off to a great start fishing rocky points near spawning areas in the middle fork.  We started about 8:30 and I kicked it off with a very FAT spotted bass (picture) and while I was playing with it getting a weight, Kate had another one on.  It was the same shape as the one I caught but about a pound smaller. The pictured fish weighed 3.74 pounds. Over the next hour or so, we caught 5 more fish, all of them fat pre spawners.  By my scale our best 5 fish weighed 14 pounds, which is an excellent weight for Lake Oroville.  About 10 am the bite shut off and we went for over an hour with out a fish.  After a lunch break we moved up the middle fork and caught a few more fish.  Ended up with about a dozen total. Not a great numbers day, but awesome quality. We could not get any kind of reaction bite, all of our fish came on PB&J Zman Hula Stickz.  Water temp was 53.4 when we started and we saw as high as 58 degrees around 1 pm.  we caught fish in 10 to 15 feet of water.  Water was clear.  Spotted bass should be moving to beds real soon.
I knew I shoulda re-tied!!

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching there.  Glad y'all had a successful outing.  Tks for sharing the trip and picture with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Definitely and awesome spotted bass. Congrats on the great morning. Looks like the weather was awesome too... Thanks for sharing and a photo

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Hobious