South Holston Bass Fishing Report - 3/28/19

Started by Princeton_Man, March 29, 2019, 08:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princeton_Man

Launched from Washington County Park about 07:00. While temperature at home was promising warm 41 degrees when we departed, the air at SoHo was a frosty 34 degrees.  I was prepared for the range of temperatures wearing 4 layers plus my 100mph suit. My fishin' buddy had the layers but not the suit. We took our time getting started and explored some of the new/modified shoreline. Some shorelines have been changed a little from the recent flood. Once she's up to full pool there's going to be some new structure and new transitions from collapsing soil, rock, and trees.

Surface temperatures ranged  from 50-52 in Virginia at the mouth of the river to 54-55 in Tennessee. We had 7-10mph shifting winds virtually all day. Water was lightly stained and about 5 feet below full pool.

We found Stripers stacked 25-30 feet of water near the river mouth in Virginia. They were oblivious to anything we dropped down there. The only active fish seemed to be the brownies feeding on small shad on the TN side. We boated a couple of them on a point down about 10-12 feet.  Another couple weeks and SoHo should be fun.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Thanks for a great report ~c~

Love catching smallies ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and glad y'all braved the cold and stuck a couple of Smallies too.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

coldfront

boy am I glad I didn't ask for water temps on your catch of day thread.  Nice job!  good info.

I'll be out in shorts on the TN river this weekend.  getting an early start on the summer tan.