B.A.S.S. Video Game

Started by Mike Cork, October 28, 2021, 09:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Anyone got time to get this and review it for us over the winter :-*

Bassmaster Fishing 2022 Video Game Casts Off Today

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Today the long-awaited sportfishing simulator Bassmaster Fishing 2022 launched with exciting multiplayer cross-play, Bassmaster Royale mode and even a career path leading players from college competition all the way to the Bassmaster Classic.

No matter the weather outside, any day is the perfect day to experience the most authentic bass fishing experience possible without being out on the water. Players can jump in a custom-wrapped boat and enjoy the game as either a unique character they create or one of 10 Elite Series anglers, including two-time Bassmaster Classic champion Hank Cherry or ultrapopular Elite Series pro Scott Martin. From the placid, largemouth bass-filled waters of Chickamauga Lake to the St. Johns River, the longest river in Florida, the eight in-game venues have been recreated to mirror their real-world counterparts.

"Working directly with Bassmaster and many of the best anglers in the world has allowed us to take the simulation in Bassmaster Fishing 2022 and deliver the most authentic bass angling experience to date," said Dovetail Games CEO Jon Rissik. "We hope that we can help foster a new generation of anglers who find a lifelong love of fishing, both in-game and in real life, and look forward to working with our fantastic community as we grow and expand the game after launch."

Players will begin their careers in the Carhartt Bassmaster College Series, mirroring where many professional bass anglers got their start, working through the Basspro.com Bassmaster Opens, Elite Series events and eventually earning a coveted spot in the iconic Bassmaster Classic. Throughout Career Mode, players will master the tools of the trade, from different rods, lures and reels, to learning where bass tend to congregate in different waters and practicing their perfect casts as they hook bigger and bigger bass. Players can also unlock and upgrade additional gear and boats as they progress.

Multiplayer modes include Freedom Fishing, perfect for relaxing with friends online, and the competitive Bassmaster Royale mode. The Bassmaster Royale game mode challenges anglers to be the last player fishing, competing together against the clock and challenging anglers to keep the weight of their catches above other competitors. Smart angling, location choices and strategic use of the brand-new underwater camera will be necessary to avoid being eliminated as the competition heats up.

Developed and published by Dovetail Games, Bassmaster Fishing 2022, the Official Video Game, is now available on the PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, the Xbox One family of devices, including the Xbox One X and Xbox Game Pass, and Windows PC via Steam.

For regular updates on additional content, please visit Bassmasterthegame.com.

About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing the PC game Train Simulator. Today, Dovetail Games is responsible for developing train and fishing simulation games for PC and leading consoles. Dovetailgames.com.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

Boy. Just, ummm. Boy. Hmmm.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FD

Quote from: D.W. Verts on October 28, 2021, 11:05:44 AM
Boy. Just, ummm. Boy. Hmmm.

Dale
I was thinking the same thing...

FDx Custom Rods
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment
CPF Lures

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Fun4me

It's a cool concept, but I don't think it has much of a chance in succeeding. The graphics are pretty lame IMO, and there will never be enough support to justify the kind of graphics you get with Microsoft flight simulator, or I-Racing as examples.

How cool could it be? Imagine if the developers scanned lakes across the US, the graphics were as good as Microsoft flight simulator, I-Racing, Asseto Corsa Competizone, etc.,  you could wear a VR headset that would immerse you in the game. Imagine going to lake fork, or the St. lawrence river, or lake michigan, and all of the humps, points, turns etc. were the same as real life? It might be pretty fun standing on a virtual deck, where moving you head only showed you more of where you are, and making a cast, like in real life (instead of a button on a controler) , sent your hollow body frog for that patch of lily pads blowing up with bass. Might be fun on a cold winter day.

Mike Cork

There was a game out 30 years ago that had these same basic graphics in it. I was hoping when they first said it was coming out that it would be a lot better. I guess it's more about the format, meaning working your way up throw the ranks and such....

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

D.W. Verts

If it was like Fun4me said, with the cool graphics, well, maybe. I really like IRacing (even though I have no time for it- it's been four months since I last raced). IRacing is pretty darn real, at least for the talent it takes. A bass fishing game? Like I said in my first post- hmmm.

Dale

Smallie_Stalker

Historically fishing games don't do well IMO due to developers not putting in enough time to make it on par with other stuff out there.

Sometime back in the 90's I had two different bass fishing games One was made for and endorsed by Rapala and the other by B.A.S.S.  The Rapala game was pretty low quality and not very challenging. The Bassmaster game was decently good with nice graphics for the time and more scenarios and chances to unlock new gear in the game. But still limited.

Like Fun4me I think it would take implementing VR to really make it interesting enough to invest the time and effort into something like this. At least that would bring it into the 21st century.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

I spend too much time online now, I'd be crosseyed if I get into that.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

D.W. Verts

I realized the simplicity of what I missed here. The best "games" (like the racing stuff) are not really "games", although you do of course PLAY them. The racing ones that I'm familiar with are actually considered SIMULATIONS, or "sims" for short. They follow along on the same kind of platform that fighter pilots have trained on for years, including with VR. This new B.A.S.S. fishing game is just that- a GAME. A bass fishing SIM on the other hand, well... No, I probably still wouldn't "play". Sorry, no coffee yet today.

Dale

Blacknredflake

Nothing beats Super Black Bass for Super Nintendo.

Catching world record over 25lbs innthe 4th and final lake was great!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

BassmanRudy

If the graphics are good (and accurate!) could allow a LOT of scouting for the Pros!! In the 1 image I saw in a preview it showed a bank with rock and overhanging tree... buy it just to boat around the 8 lakes and LOOK for stuff to fish!
"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Oldfart9999

I've gotten several emails about the game I'm not interested in, keep sending me emails and you'll be sure to stop me from ever being interested. I wonder why you send me emails I'm no longer a member and really don't want to rejoin.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.