Jighead Supplier

Started by FlatsNBay, April 23, 2022, 06:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

Last year I dabbled at jig making and made some grass flipping jigs. I ordered some Boss Grass Flipping Jigheads from Tackle Warehouse. I got them in and wasn't at all happy with the shape of them. They were made very wide lead and were so wide that they wouldn't slip down through the grass easily. I was also concerned that they were so wide that the hookset and penetration would be affected.

As a comparison, I love flipping a Strike King Hack Attack jig in the grass. I love the design of the head. It's slender, goes through every type of grass easily and has a great hook up ratio.

Is there a good substitution or imitation for a jighead that is like a Hack Attack jig for flipping grass? Who do you use as a supplier for jigheads?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Our lead laws have crippled my ability to try or use most of the jigs I would like to, so to be honest I've never used a Hack Attack jig. I'm not sure this will help but I'll offer it up anyway.

I get my jigs and jig heads from a local guy who runs a company called leadfreebassjigs. They make several tungsten jigs (at reasonable prices) including a flipping jig, but I buy their jighead called the Advantage Jig.

It is a great all around head that is not too wide, slides through grass and pads nice and smooth and even skips really well.

Give them a look. They may or may not be your cup of tea but it can't hurt to just give the website a peek.

www.leadfreebassjigs.com

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

bigjim5589

I pour many types of jigs and these two may be about as close as I have to the Hack Attack jig except these have indents for eyes.  They don't have to have the eyes added, but some like eyes and some folks don't.

The unpainted jigs shown here has a fiber weed guard too and I can add wire trailer keepers to any jig. I can powder coat them and have about 40 colors now.

Otherwise, my favorite flipping jig has become the third jig shown. It's like the Boss jig, and a good jig for around wood, but may not be the best through thick grass.

Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.