New in northeast FL

Started by Hurl19, January 10, 2022, 12:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurl19

Cool site! I'm up in Jacksonville, FL - fished St. John's down to Lake George, Kingsley, and Rodman. Started fishing again after about 40 years - loved it in high school, but life took over and hadn't until last summer. New boat and gear, so I'm trying. Navy vet/helicopter pilot of 26+ years.

I hope you all have been having better luck than me!
Fred

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family Fred!  ;PEP) Pull up a chair and make yourself right at home. 

Congrats on the new boat and gear and thank you for your service.  ~flag

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Gatorbait

Welcome to the ub family don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions ps I new here as well

Mike Cork

Welcome aboard :toot: Jump in the waters fine...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

Fred
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here  ~shade  Nice looking ride you got there also.

Thank you for your untiring Service To Our Great Nation also  ~flag
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

topdsm0138

Welcome from Boynton Beach!

Army Engineer here.
"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

FD

Welcome Fred,  There are a bunch of us here from FL.  I'm on the Kissimmee Chain so if you get south, give me a holler and we can fish together.

Otherwise there is tons of reading in the Florida section about techniques and fishing reports and then there is the Fl Chat where we showcase some big fish and talk a little smack.

Glad you joined us.
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Hurl19

Quote from: FD on January 13, 2022, 05:18:31 AM
Welcome Fred,  There are a bunch of us here from FL.  I'm on the Kissimmee Chain so if you get south, give me a holler and we can fish together.

Otherwise there is tons of reading in the Florida section about techniques and fishing reports and then there is the Fl Chat where we showcase some big fish and talk a little smack.

Glad you joined us.

Thanks for all the info! FL fishing, at least where I've been going, has been kicking my butt. I have a lot of learning to do, so I'm hopeful and still trying. I'll definitely be on and talking to you guys - thanks, stealing whatever nuggets I can!