Hello from the Northern Amazon AKA South Florida!

Started by Steve Bag O Donuts, March 03, 2022, 08:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Bag O Donuts

Hello, I'm Steve. I live in Western Broward county Florida about 2 miles from the everglades. As you can imagine the fishing in this area is as diverse as any place on earth. I've been fishing my entire life and naturally shared this love of fishing and the outdoors to my sons. I've been a landlocked bank fisher my entire life and I'll say I'm darn good at it. My sons and I chartered a guide on Lake Okeechobee in December and since then They have been begging me for a boat. It honestly was great to sit and fish. My back aint what it used to be. I started youtubin and must have watched 100s of videos on first time boat buying, what to look for ect. I have to say the videos really helped me because a few boats I saw had soft transoms and I ran like heck.. There were a few of these aluminum hull bass trackers floating around in my area so I started focusing on this boat style. I watched a few end to end FULL restoration videos for a tracker and found that the aluminum boat seemed to be much easier to work with/maintain. I started fishin around on offerUp and found a 2002 tracker pro team 165 for sale for 3000.00. It had a smaller engine 25 hp but it looked nice and most importantly it fits into my 2 car garage so the HOA can KISS MY BEHIND so I bought it.  My background is in electronics and information technology. Low voltage circuits and IT stuff are 2nd nature to me but in the context of a boat, I have little experience.

I am here today, on one knee, at the throne of so many who have been there and done that. I look forward to building relationships and knowledge from all of you.

Princeton_Man

Welcome aboard Steve and welcome to the boat owners society!  ~c~

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Steve Bag O Donuts

Thank you! gonna post some questions on the tracker threads.

Capt. BassinLou

Welcome to UB Steve.  ~beer~ I'm a fellow South Floridian as well. Jealous that you live so close to glades. Been fishing your playground for close to 25 years now.

Your boat brings back a lot of fond memories. Up until 2 years ago, I had the same ProTeam 165 for 20 years!!

Don't know if you have found the FL forums yet, in case you haven't look there ---> FL Forums

You will find our South FL crew over there.  ~beer~

big g

Welcome Steve, I too fish your area a lot and have for over 40 years.  Now an endless journey begins for you.  Lots of good places to fish, and the crazy months are here.  Good luck, and keep exploring!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Steve Bag O Donuts

Thank you Capt. BassinLou for the info! cant wait to dig into this boat. I just dropped 650 bucks are harbor freight: Welder, compressor, grinder and all the accoutrement to get started. Looks like ill be doing some trailer fixin in the near future.  ~b~

topdsm0138

Welcome Steve. I'm not too far from ya. I'm up in Boynton Beach.

Sent from undisclosed location

"I'm a simple man, with simple pleasures." -Trevor Belmont

Donald Garner

Steve,
Welcome to the UltimateBass Family we're glad you're here. ~c~
Congrats on becoming a boat owner.  If you got questions there are lots of people here that can answer most if not all of them  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family Steve!

Congrats on the boat purchase.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

mygreenihc