New here central Wisconsin

Started by Ifish247365, March 23, 2022, 04:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ifish247365

Just purchased a new boat. Looking to start fishing tournaments. Any advise?
Always thinking about fishing or fishing.

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family and congrats on the new boat.

If you are new to tournaments I would suggest finding a club in your area to fish with. It would be really helpful to sit down and talk with the members ahead of time to see if they are willing to teach you the ins and outs of tourney fishing. Unfortunately some are not. It's a lot different fishing against a clock than it is fishing for fun.

My personal tournament fishing improved by leaps and bounds when I shifted my mindset to fishing against the fish instead of the other competitors.

If you need a hand with anything while you are getting familiar with the site feel free to reach out to me or any other staff member.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro  using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Donald Garner

Ifish247365
Congrats on the purchase of your new boat.  Tournament fishing can be fun, challenging, a real headache at times.  Here at UltimateBass we have several members that Tournament fish across various states. 

I would spent some time reading posting in Dock Talk, Catch of the Day, scan through some of the State Fishing sections.  Most of the guys do postings of their Tournament trips.  We have a few guys from here in the  (Florida fishing reports) that are guides also that do postings on YouTube.

If you have any questions feel free to drop a posting in Dock Talk or Catch of the Day.  Some member or a Staff Member will read it and make a reply to ya.  Good luck with the boat and also getting back into the world of Tournament Bass Fishing.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard