Are there any Birders on here?

Started by Bigbass201, February 05, 2024, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

My wife and I went for a drive this past weekend to one of our favorite places to visit.  It's been a couple of years since we have been there.  It's always a joy when we visit.  Put a little video together of just the woodpeckers.

Feeding Woodpeckers by hand Click Here

R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

coldfront

have friends who do the christmas bird counts, stuff like that.

me?  just an avid outdoorsman interested in all the critters.  see something i don't know?  can't identify?
go to the books, interweb and look em up.

favorite bird I've seen here on the tennessee river is the pileated woodpecker.  big, impressive birds!

Capt. BassinLou

I'm not a birder per se, but I do enjoy watching the different birds the Everglades has to offer.

Eric-Maine

Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on February 06, 2024, 11:36:28 AMI'm not a birder per se, but I do enjoy watching the different birds the Everglades has to offer.
The sound of the birds in Florida is so enjoyable. Coots make it feel like you're immersed in a Tarzan movie. In the next life I hope to be a heron, an egret or a loon. Fish every day lol

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Eric-Maine on February 06, 2024, 05:36:32 PM
Quote from: Capt. BassinLou on February 06, 2024, 11:36:28 AMI'm not a birder per se, but I do enjoy watching the different birds the Everglades has to offer.
The sound of the birds in Florida is so enjoyable. Coots make it feel like you're immersed in a Tarzan movie. In the next life I hope to be a heron, an egret or a loon. Fish every day lol

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

That's a good description, Eric. A Tarzan movie.  Lol!!

bassmedic46

I enjoy a assortment of different birds at our bird feeders.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing

Captsteve

We have Road Runners. Not many on here can say that.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Bigbass201

Quote from: coldfront on February 06, 2024, 11:16:54 AMhave friends who do the christmas bird counts, stuff like that.

me?  just an avid outdoorsman interested in all the critters.  see something i don't know?  can't identify?
go to the books, interweb and look em up.

favorite bird I've seen here on the tennessee river is the pileated woodpecker.  big, impressive birds!

I've only seen Pileated Woodpecker a couple times in the wild.  Once was in Tennessee near Gatlinburg.  The other was in Michigan.  Impressive size on those birds. 
R & J Bass Fishing Videos

https://rumble.com/c/c-364035

Donald Garner

I have seen different types of birds around our area over the years.  Some time past we have several Cardinals, Blue Jays that hung around for a few weeks.  Sometimes we'll have Hummingbirds hang around the wife's flower beds.

Over on Stillhouse and Belton Lakes there's been sighting of Bald Eagles during the Summer months.  There's a lot of Coots over on both lakes also.

Like Steve mentioned we do have Road Runners here in Texas.  We've had them in our front yard walking down the front side walk of the property.   
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Princeton_Man

I'm not a birder, although I pay attention to them in the field, on the water, and in the woods. They can tell us a lot and I can ID most of the birds native to our area. I picked up an app a couple of years ago that can help ID a bird by the sound they make, It's called BirdNet, it records the sounds and displays them on a sort of spectrum analyzer. You mark the area you're interested in, touch analyze, and it display the names of the birds it detects. Touch the name and it will display a picture.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club