Ice report 3/10

Started by Buzbait88, March 10, 2008, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzbait88

For everybody not close to the river.  I crossed it today and went to albany.  The ice is starting to crack and float down stream.  Beaver slough looks open and I saw some walleye fisherman below the railroad bridge.  Everything from C.F. Industries, between Albany and Cordova, looks wide open.  Next couple of days will really get the ice moving.  ~c~
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

GotstaFish

Quote from: Buzbait88 on March 10, 2008, 08:16:21 PM
For everybody not close to the river.  I crossed it today and went to albany.  The ice is starting to crack and float down stream.  Beaver slough looks open and I saw some walleye fisherman below the railroad bridge.  Everything from C.F. Industries, between Albany and Cordova, looks wide open.  Next couple of days will really get the ice moving.  ~c~
If you go out be careful Nate, Rudy seen some huge chunks floating just under the surface  :shocking: That could put a dampner on the day for sure  :surrender:

tennispro

The ice jams have all moved out of the Rock River in the Sterling area ~c~  It wont be long now ~gf

Jeremy
ProStaff PARASITE WEIGHTS

Buzbait88

I'll hopefully be taking my trolling motor to get fixed this weekend so hopefully next weekend I'll be able to catch a few or at least get out and cast a line.  All the ice should be gone by then with the temps in the high 40's all week.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

GotstaFish

We may have to do some ice breakin' in the backwaters  ;)

Buzbait88

I did that last year once.  I was in beaver slough and everything was wide open so I'm going through the cuts back there when I see a layer of ice the whole width and probably 20ft long.  I couldn't believe it because everything else had been open for a while.    I trimmed up my motor and gave it a little gas to get the front end up and I plopped it down on the ice.  lo 

There was about 5 boats at the ramp this afternoon. 
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook

tennispro

Is every thing Ice free yet on pool 13???  Most of the lakes and pond around here are ice free or about 80% ice free.  Some one please let me know

Jeremy
ProStaff PARASITE WEIGHTS

Buzbait88

Haven't explored yet, but what I can see from the road most of the backwaters are still frozen.  The lakes here are probably 80% frozen so your only hope would be the river for now.  Backwaters with current should be close to letting loose though.
THE VIBRASHOCK IS BACK!!
KaRu Lures
KaRu Facebook