Chatter Bait Blade Modification

Started by dhartman, March 31, 2020, 10:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhartman

Your thoughts on a blade modification. I like to fish with these Mustad Fastach clips but as you can see from the pic the chatter bait already has one of those on there.

And attaching both just kills the blade action.

Any thoughts on how I can modify the blade to where I can attach the Fastach without cutting line and tying on line?

Thanks 

Mike Cork

You best option here is to take the clip out of the bait and install the clip from your line. But it can be a real pita to do it often. With my fat fumble fingers it's way easier to retie.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

bigjim5589

I agree with Mike. Some lure components, particularly where the line is tied, are there for an improved action to the lure, and some are for ease of connection to the line. If you have both, then that's great but that's seldom the case.

I also think it would simply be easier to retie for that specific lure. I don't use the clips, just tie to whatever is on the lure, so I retie to change lures anyway. Like most things, if you do it often, it becomes second nature and takes very little time to do.

I don't think modifying that blade would improve either factor.
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker!  It's An OBSESSION!!  J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC.

Ron Fogelson

Those clips are going to hurt your feelings,,, matter of time and the knot is going to give while fighting a fish and pow - fish gone, lure gone, clip gone.   Its so much better just retying, you know the knot is fresh plus you can clip out a few inches or foot or two of line that may have become frayed as well  :-*

dhartman